Help understanding how to use Flexicontent and gain insight

More
7 years 6 months ago #64352 by acceptgiro
Hi, and thanks in advance for helping understanding how to work with Flexi content. I am aware of using Joomla for a long time but I never build a website that has some advanced features made logical and simple. I normally made a hidden menu and alias link to those. I am not sure if flexicontent can simplify this process below. I also managed to write a mindmap for this website I have to build.

mm.tt/725708649?t=LXskaNpoOi

My client sells cnc machines on behalf of his partners, with that he does consultancy and helps his clients with software. The partner part is where I am spinning my head around now to get 1 structure. When adding a new partner, the rest needs to be easy as well.

There are 8 partners all with one or more products. Each partner has a video (one or more), application, news and address.

Since clients do not look at those partners at first, but at the machines and its function, this partner with sub trees, is inside a hidden menu. (I haven't build it yet, it is in the mindmap now just to see how the structure will be). I hae the following menu's.

MENU BUTTONS:

Home, consultancy, cnc machines, videos, applications, news, contact.

::CNC MACHINES::
Cnc machines has different cnc techniques. each of those techniques is a menu item. One or more partners are shown on each of these menu items.

::Videos::
Each partner is a menu item that has a page with video's.

::APPLICATIONS::
Each partner is a menu item that has a page with applications.

::NEWS::
Latest news items from all partners. Also some sort of option so that I clients can see the latest news from a specific partner.

::Contact::
My clients contact details with all the partners their address below.

My question:

Do I need to make a template that has article text, video, application text and news? What is the use of tags in this? I don't get the structure. Or maybe use the name of the partner as a tag or something? It's probably very simple but I can't see the structure with flexi on how to build this. Maybe someone can give me an idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #64362 by micker
at first i recommand to read some tutorial about flexicontent to understand concept
www.flexicontent.org/documentation/tutorials.html

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline