Allow Joomla standard list in backoffice

More
7 years 1 month ago #66605 by netenvie
Hi,
How to allow users to use Joomla standard lists in backoffice.
For standard articles (not managed by FC) i would allow all users to use classic Joomla article manager in backoffice.

Where can i find this parameters.

FC is great but there is so much options i'm often lost in it ...

Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #66609 by micker
not possible .... too much work for lost performance issue ...
because flexicontent want to bind all new joomla item
i recommand to use article type to bind joomla content and using flexicontent view (idable unwanted field)... more consistant configuration

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #66617 by ggppdk
Hello

you can allow the joomla article manager to some usergroups
but FLEXIcontent does not completely support this, especially not supported by "using specific categories" for flexicontent items

To use Joomla article manager
- go to "plugins manager" and edit the FLEXIcontent system plugin
and select specific usergroups to be allowed access to the Joomla article manager

but
- after you edit articles and you visit FLEXIcontent dashboard you will be asked to "update temporary data"
- also your users should not edit+save items that have flexicontent custom fields
(although you will not look FLEXIcontent custom field data, a dozen of custom configuration parameters that FLEXIcontent uses like "disable comments" will be lost, if all parameters are just 'Use global' then no problem ...)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by ggppdk.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.669 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline