Reverse relation field language filtering problem after update

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #69991 by marc.light
I have a FLEXIcontent menu item category with the relation field as a filter and everything shows perfectly. On the french side, only the french items and on the english side, only the english items.

What I ment about "shows item in both languages" is if I'm on the french side, the reverse field list the french AND the english items. If I'm on the english side, it shows no items... I don't know if it matters but french is the default language.

Thanks.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #69995 by ggppdk
Hello

I have a FLEXIcontent menu item category with the relation field as a filter and everything shows perfectly. On the french side, only the french items and on the english side, only the english items.

What I ment about "shows item in both languages" is if I'm on the french side, the reverse field list the french AND the english items. If I'm on the english side, it shows no items... I don't know if it matters but french is the default language.

Thanks.

can you send me a PM super admin access to the website ?
and also give me steps (page that contain the links, and where to click, etc) to reproduce the above
also an example of related item B that is related to A that is not shown in the above pages ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #69997 by ggppdk
Hello

1. please note that for relation field
- there are parameters for filtering items during selection

2. and then for both fields, relation and relation reverse fields
- there are parameters for filtering the alreading related items

these (for both field types) are inside TAB:
Viewing TAB / Related items TAB / Filter items TAB

3. also there is no "language filter" during viewing (this exists only during editing / selecting related items)
all items should be shown regardless of language

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #70023 by marc.light
1 and 2: I know and I played with them quite a bit before posting in here. There's so much possibilities that I might have overlooked something but I have triple checked everything I could think of.

3. I do not understand. In the related field -> Editing -> Selectable items, there's a setting for Same Language Only that is set to "yes". Is that what you are reffering to?

I'll PM you the info about the site.

Thanks.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #70043 by ggppdk
Hello

please watch your PM box for replies
(you will get email notifications about PM replies, but often our users miss these)

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #70134 by marc.light

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline