Rss feed (again :)

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #82096 by Chabi01
Replied by Chabi01 on topic Rss feed (again :)
Hi Micker,
Ok, I give you some more explanations to help you to understand.
In rss feed generated, you have for each item a enclosure "description".
This enclosure, if you add image or extra fields compile all the fields in the description field.
Then, if you have an image, the field will be added in the description enclosure and not a separate enclosure "image".
If you have to work with some application or external program which need this specific enclosure, you have to separate this field image from the description enclosure. That's what i did.

Xavier

Hope you can understand better.
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Chabi01.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #82097 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Rss feed (again :)
ok i understand maybe we can add this idea in core
github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck...y/view.feed.php#L175
github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck...t/view.feed.php#L162
and remove custom field on description to add a xml tag ?
see it here
github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck/issues/1049

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by micker.

More
2 years 1 month ago #82105 by Chabi01
Hi Micker,
Yes, it could be a good idea : choose if a field have to be included in the "description" enclosure or be separated in a specific enclosure.
But as Flexicontent use the rssrenderer of Joomla, I dont know if it is possible without a full change of the way the rss is generated then.

If you work with some customers (like "les mairies"), they often use a solution for phone and they need this kind of thing : from the "news" of the site, generate a rss feed for the phone (or for the information panel in the city where you can see informations) and for this, they have to generate very common but specific informations in the xml.

Have a good evening Yannick :)
Xavier

More
2 years 4 weeks ago #82110 by micker
please help me to add more detail in this issue

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
2 years 4 weeks ago #82114 by Chabi01
Hi :)
Ok, let see what I can tell you.

How it works ?

Flexicontent can add a rss feed for example for categories.
For this, the file located in components/com_flexicontent/views/category/view.feed.php is used to parse all the fields.
The user can add some fields in configuration (custom fields added for a type, or image to use in the feed).
This file extend the calss JViewLegacy with the class FlexicontentViewCategory and fill $document to return to the Joomla renderer.

The renderer then generate the final rss file with the Joomla core file : /libraries/src/Document/Renderer/Feed/RssRenderer.php

The feed generated is always generated for each item with a unique rendered enclosure : <description>

Then, in this enclosure, you will find all the informations for each article : if you have added image or extra fields, these informations will be added inside <description>.

The goal is to be able to add the extra informations outside of <description>.
Then, if you add an image, the renderer should give you the choice to include as normally the image in the description OR if needed ask you the enclosure name to allow you to list the information outside of <description>.
For example, an image should be listed with :
<image><url>xxxxxxxxxxxxxx</url></image>

Same thing for any other extra field.

To achieve this on my side, check the whole thread here and dont forget to add an extra image field to use for the image in the type.

This is then not a real issue but an very important new feature : this feature already exists in some components like JEvents RSS (the feed generated separarate all the information correctly).
Why this is important ?
Some people use for they needs an android apps (or Apple apps) and to populate their tools, they need the feed formatted with the value corresponding to their needs : for example, if the app have a "news" category, people need to retrieve the date, the description, the url to check the news online directly, and obviously an image.
If now the image is in <description> and not in his own enclosure, the android app does not show correctly the informations.

For the record, you can find this for example for City Hall apps : the city give to people an app and this is always asked.

Tell me if this is enought for you Yannick (if you need this explanation in french, I can explain this in french too ;)
Xavier

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #82116 by micker
i add it in github issue
did you know its important to manage tag arround value ?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline