image fields stopped working

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #85238 by kath
Replied by kath on topic image fields stopped working
Hi Robert,

thanks for your reply.
I now installed the latest stable version of FLEXIContent (v4.2.1) from the official GitHub repository: [github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck/tree/v4.2.1] using the standard Joomla install mechanism.

This version does not solve it for me.

Instead I get this new error on save:
>> Joomla\Database\Exception\ ExecutionFailureException
>> Duplicate entry '950-com_content.article' for key 'PRIMARY'
Never seen that before.

Following tests (creating new items on both Frontend or Backend) produce same error, only like
>> [...] >> Duplicate entry '951-com_content [...]

---

Some additional Info on the topic:
I probably do use the "special" controller.php from [ www.flexicontent.org/forum/20-general-su...will-not-update.html ]
I'm unsure is that might be related or not. Also I am awaer this is a /administrator/ file. But I've seen places where FE inclues BE files, so just wanted to mention that.

---

About the php version:
I don't fully understand what you're saying, since I do have Php 8.1 and higher running; When you say "I'm unsure if v4.2.1 is compatible with your server (8.1.0).", does that imply that Php 8.1.0 does not count as Php 8 then? /confused/ :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #85239 by micker
Replied by micker on topic image fields stopped working
we working on fix sorry for delay

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
2 weeks 2 days ago - 2 weeks 2 days ago #85240 by iamrobert
Hi Ben,

I saw your update on installing v4.2.1 from GitHub—looks like it didn't solve the issue and led to a new error.

At the moment, I'm using the latest master version, but the image issue remains. 

On the PHP side, the last stable FLEXIContent version was way back on July 20, 2023, and that version has unresolved compatibility issues with PHP 8.1:
github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck/issues/1093 .

I need PHP 8.1 for other extensions, so I'm sticking with the master version for now. PHP versions 8.2/8.3 are the current active versions .

Best Regards,

Robert
Last edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by iamrobert.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #85242 by micker
yes beta is compatible with php8.1 and fully compatible with j5 without compatibility plugin but need to kille this bug without release
waitting georgios return

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamrobert

More
4 days 6 hours ago #85276 by micker

More
4 days 4 hours ago #85277 by kath
Replied by kath on topic image fields stopped working
i answered you on github

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.714 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline