How can you disable voting and favourites?

More
13 years 11 months ago #7099 by jeepstone
There doesn't seem to be an option to disable voting or favourites. Even though I don't have them enabled, they are still rendered in the HTML. For voting, it appears that the parameter is missing or not implemented in flexicontent.helper.php.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #7117 by goum
Hello,
Two option: take it off your template or take or diseable it in the fields.
Have a good day !

More
13 years 9 months ago #8826 by susanpenter
I have removed voting from my template and unpublished it however I am getting these errors all over my pages:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$rating in /home/sites/wiltshire-opc.org.uk/public_html/information/plugins/content/vote.php on line 36

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$rating in /home/sites/wiltshire-opc.org.uk/public_html/information/plugins/content/vote.php on line 39

Worton & Marston

Written by Teresa Lewis | Monday, 02 March 2009 23:30
Last Updated on Sunday, 18 July 2010 12:29 by Susan Penter

Notice: Undefined index: voting in /home/sites/wiltshire-opc.org.uk/public_html/information/components/com_flexicontent/templates/parishes/item.php on line 89

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/sites/wiltshire-opc.org.uk/public_html/information/components/com_flexicontent/templates/parishes/item.php on line 89

This looks a real mess, please could someone advise on how to clear it up.

Thank you

More
13 years 1 month ago #14697 by iamrobert
Hi,

If you open up:

/plugins/flexicontent_plugins/core.php

and comment out the lines 130 like this:
Code:
case 'voting': // voting button // remove dummy value in next version for legacy purposes //$field->value[] = 'button'; // dummy value to force display //$field->display = flexicontent_html::ItemVote( $field, 'main', $vote ); break;

it seems to work - but I have yet to do anything more with the code - so here's hoping..

I guess you can do the same with favorites from line 136.
Code:
case 'favourites': // favourites button // remove dummy value in next version for legacy purposes //$field->value[] = 'button'; // dummy value to force display //$favs = $favourites ? '('.$favourites.' '.JText::_('FLEXI_USERS').')' : ''; //$field->display = ' //<span class="fav-block"> //'.flexicontent_html::favicon( $field, $favoured ).' //<span id="fcfav-reponse_'.$field->item_id.'" class="fcfav-reponse"> //<small>'.$favs.'</small> //</span> //</span> //'; break;

Cheers,

Robert Stark

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline