FlexiTags

More
12 years 11 months ago #15590 by summitdads
FlexiTags was created by summitdads
Hello! I have the latest version of FlexiContent (1.5.4) and am using the Flexi Cloud Tag system. Most things are going well with it, only I have a few interesting quirks to work out. First, when a tag is clicked, a table comes up on the following page that should list an image, title and description (intro). Of these three things, unfortunately, I only have two. The article image "fc_image" is missing. I am wondering why the title and description works fine, but the image does not!

Also, I am using the tags at the bottom of my site, instead of listing them in at the right or left module positions. When I do this, the tags to come up, only the field separator | does not show up between the tags. Alternating between a pipe, comma, etc ... has no effect. If the tags are set in the left or right position, as most people would probably use this for, the field separators are there. I wonder why the position in the page has anything to do with this? Ultimately, I would like them to be in the footer menu position, as they are now, but have the field separator working as well. I should mention that the menu style setting for the footer menu (where my tags are) is Legacy-Horizontal, if for some odd reason this makes a difference. Please advise. I have thoroughly searched for answers on both the images and field separator issues; however, nothing seems to specifially address these problems in sufficient detail.

Thank you,

Summit Dads

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #15593 by micker
Replied by micker on topic FlexiTags
hello
at first where is your image ? is a flexi-image or an image in description field ?

for other qustion ... my englsih is so poor ...
can you post some screenshot or link ?
he think it a css problem no ?

try to update to last version
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/downloads/list
with new cloud module
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 11 months ago #15597 by summitdads
Replied by summitdads on topic FlexiTags
First, I appreciate the updated version. The update checker did not tell me about the new release! In fact, even after installing 1.5.5, it still wants me to go back to 1.5.4! At any rate, all images in my articles have been added through FLEXIcontent. When I am editing an article, I have the ability to add an image to it underneath my editor (JCE 1.5.7.11). The list of possibilities are (Image Pagebreak Read more... Link Insert Template). It uploads an image to site/images/stories/flexicontent folder. This is the only method I am using here. This ability is due to the FLEXIcontent image field I made previously, which is among the Title, Description, Created, Created By … etc. It seems that when I upgraded, the new version updated this field, which is great. However, I still do not get images in the FlexiTags results pages.

In order to see what I am talking about first hand, use this link: www.summitdads.info/Tags/Custody.html You will see that the image boxes are empty, but the Title and Descriptions do work. This happens with every tag I have.

Next, the field separator situation exists. By comparing tag lists on two different pages, you will see the problem. First go to the bottom of: www.summitdads.info/Unmarried-Pa ... -Ohio.html then go to the end of: www.summitdads.info and compare the list of tags. The tags separators are on the first given page, but not at the bottom of the second page here. It would seem to me that listing them anywhere should not filter or omit the separators, but I could be wrong about that. I just switched templates for my site and this was an issue with the old template as well; so, I am initially believing that it is not a template or .css problem. What do you think?

Thank you,

Summit Dads

More
12 years 11 months ago #15600 by summitdads
Incidentally, I thought I would mention that the upgrade from 1.5.4 (r558) to 1.5.5 (r607) you told me about has caused an error with Internet Explorer 8, while I tried to save an edited article. Here are the details:

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SearchToolbar 1.2; GTB6.6; BTRS5921; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Sun, 8 May 2011 17:58:20 UTC

Line: 179
Char: 4
Code: 0
URI: www.summitdads.info/administrato ... alidate.js

I should mention, however, that I also tested Firefox (Namroka 64bit) and there is no issue. I realize that Internet Explorer has many problems as a browser, mostly because of the fact that it still exists, but I wanted to say something when I found it anyway. :lol:

More
12 years 11 months ago #15607 by micker
Replied by micker on topic FlexiTags
hello
for frank larose it work no ?

for separation edit module flexicloud and add your separator in code
in modules/mod_flexitagcloud/tmpl/default.php
at ligne 17 remplace
Code:
[url=<?php echo $item->link; ?>" class="tag<?php echo $item->size; ?>]| <?php echo $item->name; ?> [/url]

for bug of validation in IE ... it maybe a conflict with template

for module update .. it's a basic bug no realy a problem

regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 11 months ago #15617 by summitdads
So, edit default.php to force the separator ... I can deal with that! The issue I am having with Internet Explorer is serious enough though, as I cannot save articles with that browser. Instead, I need to use FireFox to accomplish this task. I wonder why I can save with one browser now, but not the other?

Also, why do you think that the assigned article images do not come up in my tag search results box? If you go to any of my site links above and actually click any of the tags listed, you will see what I mean on the next page. I believe that I have the correct settings for everything, however the idea remains that something is not quite right!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline