Joomla administrator catalog, stateselector.js and .htaccess

More
11 years 10 months ago #26591 by braern
It's not a bug, but...

I block access to joomla administrator catalog with htaccess file. Set additional password required.

The problem is that stateselector.js from administrator catalog is needed by flexicontent not only in back-end. If I set htaccess to required a password, then in front-end all the time appear window to login.

I find in flexicontent.helper.php (line 325):
Code:
$document->addScript( JURI::root().'administrator/components/com_flexicontent/assets/js/stateselector.js' );

I copy this stateselector.js to catalog outside administrator folder, and change path in flexicontent.helper.php. Now, it work great.

But it is possibble to disable loading stateselector.js from administrator catalog in front-end? In components/com_flexicontent/assets/js/ is another stateselector.js (a little different than in administrator catalog).

PS. Joomla 2.5.6 & Flexicontent RC5 (didn't test on RC6, but I see, that have the same flexicontent.helper.php for administrator catalog).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #26594 by ggppdk
There are a few other backend files used in frontend, not only just this file

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 7 months ago #28490 by kath
hi there,

i agree with braern: it would really be very neat if we could use htaccess for the BE.

just had the same problem and was forced to take down the extra security again. (stateselector.js from teh admin folder was loaded. don't think i need it, and didn't find it where braern described it.)

Question the Flexicontent Team. Is there a chance you release an update with /no/ depencies on backend files?
that would be so great! Thanks you in advance!

Kath

More
11 years 7 months ago #28496 by ggppdk
mmm, it seems i was a little wrong,

-- the problem are ONLY the references to backend files that are inside the HTML returned by FLEXIcontent frontend views, and not including files from the backend folder

these are only a few,

so i will move the common files to frontend,
and thus you will be able to limit access to the backend via a web server directive (.htaccess file)

Also, inside FLEXIcontent code there are some references to the backend that are hard-code to using folder name administrator:
- I will correct all such references, so that JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR is used instead.

Thus you should be able to also rename the administrator folder too (there is Joomla extension that does this)
or maybe instead protect the folder with an extra security step like htpassword
or use a cookie solution:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 0#p1801566

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 7 months ago #28510 by ggppdk
about stateselector.js , we could move it to frontend and load it from there,

but i see that also form.php have backend references to js scripts and css files, thus changing the location of these files would break all existing FLEXIcontent template form overrides, i am not sure for this one.

More
10 years 10 months ago #37920 by ggppdk
Hello,

Please, see our (new) FAQ article:
Password protecting your Joomla administrator folder

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.931 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline