Using SH404sef with flexicontent

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #35504 by thatch10
Evening,

Trying to set up on Joomla 2.5 website flexicontent version 2.0.1 (r1659) with sh404sef 3.7.0.1485.

I have been trying to use the menu alias as the url to no success. Can anyone shed any light on how it is proposed to set up sh404sef to display urls without categories in the url in flexicontent. I can set the articles ok, however cant see on to use the menu alias rather that the category to generate the url.

I have also run into problems with the url generated by selecting the categories option. Seems to generate a url in the format.
Code:
?cids=1931,1938,1944,1951,1957,1963,1974,1979,1986&layout=mcats

These are obviously the Id's of the categories but just displays the homepage. I suspect that their is setting/s wrong somewhere but I cant seem to find it at the moment.

Thanks

Thatch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #35507 by Rooney
Hi,
just for my understanding. What are the exact reasons why you want to use a SEF component?
Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #35529 by thatch10
Its an established site where sh404sef was previously used with lots of SEO custom titles and descriptions. This is without the duplicate errors which Joomla can introduce.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #35536 by ggppdk
Multi-category view
is a new feature of flexicontent, so the plugin must be updated

try this in file
components/com_flexicontent/sef_ext/com_flexicontent.php

find second occurence of (exists 2 times inside file):
Code:
if (!empty($cid)) shRemoveFromGETVarsList ( 'cid' );
and after the above add:
Code:
if (!empty($cids)) shRemoveFromGETVarsList ( 'cids' ); if (!empty($layout)) shRemoveFromGETVarsList ( 'layout' );

Post back here with results and i will update the plguin for future flexicontent versions

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #35562 by thatch10
George, thanks for the quick response.

I have added the lines that you suggested to

components/com_flexicontent/sef_ext/com_flexicontent.php

(around line 282) and I now get the url

?layout=mcats

would think from the code (I'm no coder) that this removes the variables from the url which it seems to do, however no writing to the sef url.

Thatch

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #35564 by ggppdk
Hello,
you are right,

about URL rewritting i think the appropriate thing to do is

1. use the menu item alias, if current menu item matches and
2. if it does not matches (e.g. it is a link was written via a WYSIWYG editor OR custom code) then leave the variables 'cids' and 'layout' in the URL (not removing them)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline