Update on import csv

More
10 years 3 months ago #44742 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Update on import csv
Hello

the CSV import is provided "as is", there are instructions and examples inside it for using it

also it tries to be user-friendly (an error will get you back to form to correct) and the you can preview date before being imported and filenames will be checked if the exist, etc, etc

also most configuration parameters exist in component configuration,

take time and experiment with it to see what it can do

-- about updating EXISTING items, this a feature request that we find useful, and maybe implemented / supported in the future

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #44744 by jeepstone
Replied by jeepstone on topic Update on import csv
I finally got an import to work but I'm unable to replace existing items. I have a column called 'id' in my .CSV but the import gives me a blank screen with 'Use ID column' and only works if I ignore it.

Shame about updating existing items as it's tricky to get the data in a consumable format for a bulk update.

More
10 years 3 months ago #44745 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Update on import csv

jeepstone wrote: I finally got an import to work but I'm unable to replace existing items. I have a column called 'id' in my .CSV but the import gives me a blank screen with 'Use ID column' and only works if I ignore it.

Shame about updating existing items as it's tricky to get the data in a consumable format for a bulk update.

A lot of work was done on the FLEXIcontent import view, it could a small component by itself

currently it only works for new items, to replace update existing items it would only 1 days of work to implement ?

but
1. a lot of features are only 1 days to implement,
2. (i say 1 day because even if you implement in 1 hour, you need to test (!), add parameters, language strings, etc so 1 hour to implement may becomes 1 day)

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 3 months ago #44746 by jeepstone
Indeed. It actually seems fairly feature-rich! But I guess it's also problematic as it's used infrequently.

For what it's worth I would suggest that the update should only update the fields you include in your CSV, rather than resetting the other fields to allow you to slowly build up complex items from various sources.

Looks like I need to get working on a funky SQL script to extract my existing data...

Thanks for your help!

Pete

More
10 years 3 months ago #44751 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Update on import csv
if you use import a lot use FLEXI import by netassopro

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
10 years 3 months ago #44758 by jeepstone
Does this do UPDATEs rather than INSERTs? If so, it might be useful?

I installed Fleximigrate and have seen the XML files it creates. Could these be imported by Fleximport?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline