How to make a content item used as 404 page, or any other item, to be unsearchable

More
8 years 11 months ago #54664 by pipedream
Thanks, now flexiadvsearch is the only plugin enabled with "Active language only" set as Yes and "Search archived" set as No.

I created a type named __404__ and set the 404 page as the only item of this type.
In the menu, User selection is set to "No, Use all below" and the Searchable Types contain 3 different type less the __404__ one.

As I already told, the 404 page continues to be displayed in the search results! :ohmy:
Also told that I cannot archive the 404 page created by sh404SEF because then it doesn't work and whenever a non-existent page is browsed, the default Joomla 404 page is being shown.
When I archive the 404 page, the autocomplete also seems to stop working (if I enable it again, autocomplete works fine - tested this 3 times).

Additionally, when the flexiadvsearch plugin is the only one enabled, the English version of the site cannot find anything (it always gives "No records found").
The only way I can have record found in English is when I have the Falang search plugin enabled.
In English, the autocomplete still continues to retrieve only suggestions in the default Portuguese language, whatever configuration I've tried so far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #54704 by ggppdk
Hello

you should not enable language filtering if you are translating items via Falang ?
-- because in that case the query will return no items

are you using Falang to tranlate FLEXIcontent items (=Joomla articles) ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 11 months ago #54706 by pipedream
If I disable language filtering it is worse, since still no English results are given and Portuguese results start to be displayed.

Yes, I am using Falang to translate menus, modules, categories and FC items/Joomla articles.
If instead of using Falang for items, I use only FC, would it be as easy for end users to insert contents in both languages, I mean, by creating/editing only a single item and translating the translatable fields via tabs?

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #54736 by ggppdk
Hello

falang data are not added to FLEXIcontent text-search indexes,
- text auto-complete will not work it needs the text-search index
- text search can work by using falang "Content" search plugin, but only in Title and description,
- field filtering will work

you can do this,
- either do not use the Falang for translating items,
- or enable the falang content search plugin,
that will allow searching in title and descriptions via a rather slow DB search query that it has
but also make sure that falang search area is allowed in our search view

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by ggppdk.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #54737 by ggppdk
Hello

please read my above answer

also you can go to items manager and

select 1 item, that has falang translations
then click translate, select target language
and select to create the new translation of the item by importing Falang data
- a new item will be created and associated with the item

then re-index, and also go to falang and disable the translation that you imported
everything should work with the new item

see if that is better choice for you,
- if you do not have frontend editors, then i strongly recommend that you do not use falang for translating items

Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by ggppdk.

More
8 years 11 months ago #54760 by pipedream
Thanks, I do use frontend editors and have written a manual to the client, since it is so easy to translate existent content or to create a new item in both languages. By not using Falang, is it impossible to have frontend editors? By the way, I couldn't see any Translate button (maybe I must change something in the configuration?).

Regarding you first reply, in Search Areas, I have only one option available: All
By activating Falang search plugin, the search in the default Portuguese language returns results in duplicate.

I don't mind to have a worse search in English without autocomplete, images, etc.
But I don't want that autocomplete in the English site returns the Portuguese index of words and to have duplicate results in the default Portuguese language.

If it can also be easy for the client to edit in the frontend without using Falang for the items, I would like to try, though.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline