[TESTED, works] Filters : sliders[range] seem not to work (v 3.0.5)

More
8 years 8 months ago #56529 by woluweb
Hi !

I have investigated further (even after my last PM).
And I found the cause of the issue : some css conflict !
"simply" I would say...

See now what it gives in attachment. PERFECT !

Still, now that I see the result, I have a minor question : for all my fields, as soon as I change filters, they are immediately triggered.
For the fields YEAR and DURATION, which are now Sliders[range], nothing happens when I change the selection : I have to click on GO manually.
(If I reset them to Dropdown[interval], then it behaves as expected, namely the filter gets automatically applied)
Have I missed something ? How can the filter be triggered automatically when using Sliders[range] ?
(if it is not foreseen, it probably should because users don't expect a different behaviour according to the field : checkbox, dropdown, sliders)

Txs a lot for all the improvements you have already introduced since 3.0.0 beta :-)

Marc
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #56532 by ggppdk

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
The following user(s) said Thank You: woluweb

More
8 years 8 months ago #56533 by woluweb
txs !
The sky is the limit :-D

More
8 years 8 months ago #56534 by woluweb
Hi again,

I realise something : by default, the sliders show "all" & "all" ("tous" & "tous"). See screenshot.
Wouldn't it be better to show the first & last values instead ?
It is a detail, but I'm not sure that it is intuitive for a visitor to see "all" & "all".
Seeing "1984" & "2015" would be more explicit and is more an invitation to filter.
Besides, one would immediately see what the range is (here you have to slightly move each handle one millimeter to see the first & last values).

I don't know what you think of it...

Yours,

Marc
Attachments:

More
8 years 8 months ago #56535 by ggppdk
Hello

the translation is wrong, it is language string "FLEXI_ANY"
it should be any, i will talk about translation of it with "micker" as this is a commonly used string in frontend

about what your question, this was given thought, and we thought of using a dash too "-"

maybe most appropriate would be to display the same parameters as "select-drop-down"

- i mean use first option ...YES/NO so that user can disable,
and then also the custom label text so that you can use something different than "FLEXI_ANY"

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
The following user(s) said Thank You: woluweb

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.336 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline