List items in frontend, even if they are unpublished

More
8 years 6 months ago #57509 by Knusperklumpen
Hello,

I'm using Flexicontent 2.2.0 stable on Joomla 3.3.6.
I have some categories and similar user groups, so "group A" should edit "category A", group B" should edit "category B" and so on.
Everything (creation and editing of items) is done with frontend editing and single sing on, so every user can edit items in his category directly, without logging into the backend. This is working fine, except of one thing. :(
If a user of "group A" is unpublishing an item of "category A", the item disappears for every other user, even if he is also member of "group A". In my opinion, every user of a specific group should see every item of this group, whether it is published or not.

Is this possible? I tried nearly everything in ACL management but I didn't find a solution.

Thank you
Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #57512 by micker
hello at first your flexicontent version isn't realy compatible with your joomla:
-you need to update to lastest flexicontent version and joomla (3.0.8 and 3.4.4) we can't realy do a support on too old version of flexicontent
reagrds

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
8 years 6 months ago #57522 by ggppdk
Hello

please update to v3.0.8

about your question
- normally only super admins and OWNERs of the item can view unpublished items in frontend

there is an ACL privilege
- list items in any state
that you can give your usergroup (see popup description of it in component permissions)

then in v3.0.8, the universal module can list unpublished items, even exprired of scheduled, if you configuration the "state" filtering appropriately

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 6 months ago #57546 by Knusperklumpen
Hello,

update to Flexicontent 3.0.8 does the trick ... thank you.
Unfortunately I have to renew all my component overrides :(
But thats ok

Thanks
Frank

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #57547 by Knusperklumpen
Hi,

unfortunately I still have a problem,
Setting "list items in any state" has the effect, that every user of every group is able to list every item.
But I only want users of group A list items of category A.

What I want is, that published items should be public (seen by everyone) but unpublished items should only be seen by members of the group, the category belongs to.

Is this also possible? I hope so!!

Thanks
Frank
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Knusperklumpen. Reason: additional hint

More
8 years 6 months ago #57565 by ggppdk
Hello

you can try this:

1. Create 1 new Access Level A and assign it to User group A
2. Create 1 universal module with having Access Level A
3. Configure in filtering to filter items by category A and also include unpublished items or ONLY list unpublished items

users of user group A should be able to see the unpublished items
- if they can also EDIT the items, then will be able to click them and open the item view with a warning that
"viewing is allowed" because item is editable

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline