[NOT POSSIBLE in category view] Social Share > Facebook share : can't have the Item Image as image (but always a logo of the bottom of page). Quite annoying

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #58084 by woluweb
Hi,

I have created an AddThis Field (the one in the core features of FlexiContent).
But for any of the items I share, the picture appearing in Facebook is not the item image, but always the same logo (of a partner) from the bottom of the page.
This is quite annoying
See the following page : www.we-doc.be/programme/trouver-une-seance

I have produced four screenshots :
* the items on the site
* the result on Facebook
* the configuration of the Social Share field in Flexi
* the source of the page, which shows the many "og:image"

Is there something wrong in the manner I configure or is it a problem with the field ?
(btw, I see the urls in the "og:image" have a double slash)

[edit] don't know if it can help, but here is what I found on Facebook's site :
developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/o...2Ftrouver-une-seance
And now I have manually added manually in the head section my own <meta property="og:image" content="" /> so that at least I don't have a wrong image on all my shares...

Txs guys !

Marc

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #58087 by ggppdk
Hello

the adding of images suggestion should be proper and according to configuration with FLEXIcontent v3.0.8

do this:
1. create a new item and add the image to it
2. view the item in frontend and add to it (so that we only have the component):
&tmpl=component
or
?tmpl=component

3. try to preview sharing it in facebook

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 5 months ago #58093 by woluweb
Hi,

Txs for the quick reply :-)
When you say "add the image to it", do you mean
a. add in the image in the Description (what I have done)
b. or add a special field "image" ?

Next : I understand the trick "&tmpl=component", but this would work only for me : I cannot explain to the visitors of the site that they should play with the url before sharing :-)
Isn't the Image selection "automatic" ? I see that Facebook takes correctly the title of the Item... so why not the first image of Description ?

Have a nice Halloween,

Marc

More
8 years 5 months ago #58095 by ggppdk

I understand the trick "&tmpl=component",

that is only to test the component, not something to be done be the visitors

about image,

- you can configure the shared image in
a. toolbar field
b. or in inside image-gallery field

please make sure that you have enable only inside a or b not both, and not in inside 2 image fields

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #58171 by woluweb
Hi Georgios,

Txs for the reply.

Actually, what I wanted to do is what you mention with your "option a", namely via the Toolbar.
I think I had already configured everthing correctly, but as mentionned, everytime I shared any item appearing on a page (with multiple items appearing in general), Facebook would pick some other image of the page (a partner's logo), instead of the image being in the Description of the Item I am sharing...

See for yourself the screenshot of the configuration of my Toolbar : I don't think I have made a mistake there... (I hope :-))
I made the screenshot in English this time (and of the whole page)
NB : I also put a decent copy of the screenshot here as I notice that the forum reduces the quality of the screenshot and makes it unreadable. So just see here for a better quality screenshot : screenpresso.com/=ixvhc

Txs,

Marc
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by woluweb.

More
8 years 5 months ago #58213 by ggppdk

everytime I shared any item appearing on a page (with multiple items appearing in general),

yes it will not work with multiple items, (category/search views)

and i am not sure if it is possible to do it,
because there is only 1 HTML source

- if you have a link on how to do it, you may post it
- since for now, this is not possible, maybe better remove the toolbar field from category view

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline