New and old categories Joomla navigation

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #60487 by tadzio
This does not work in all modules . I still have a problem with mod_roksprocket. I can not find where is routing.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by tadzio.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #62373 by waynemariette
FLEXIcontent 3.0.14-rc2a, Joomla! 3.5.1, XAMPP 3.2.2, PHP
Hello,
I was facing a similar issue using the same module.
However, i followed the instructions to change Joomla article view (Allowed / Redirected) and i was able to then get the flexi article view for content which is what i want.

However, i would like to get the flexi view for categories. My first idea was to change the menu item and link it to that of Flexi component as opposed to the joomla core blog category display.
It showed me the Flexi Category view which i like, but this caused me to have the same problems listed here.
When i would click on any module that is supposed to be linking to an article, the full article ends up showing at the bottom of the home page.
As soon as i applied the suggestion mentioned above, i was able to view articles on their respected pages correctly, with the flexi view.

So, question is, how do i get the flexi category view without having to change the selected menu item to link to that of the flexi component.

Hope it all makes sense
URGENT!
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by waynemariette. Reason: info

More
7 years 10 months ago #62374 by ggppdk
Hello

>So, question is, how do i get the flexi category view without having to change the selected menu item to link to that of the flexi component.

why this is "URGENT" ?

this is not a bug, data corruption or security related,
it is our intended behaviour to allow Joomla category view instead of re-directing to FLEXIcontent category view
- so it is not "urgent"
- we could add "re-routing" the same way as we do for item view (but it will be OFF by default settings),
if we are convinced it will be useful for a good percentage of web-sites, can you argue on the usefulness of this ?

ok, an obvious reason to do this is to better support installing on existing web-sites that already have many menu items,
and ... you don't want to edit all of them to change them to FLEXIcontent category view type because they are too many !

if the menu items are not too many you can just edit them

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
7 years 10 months ago #62377 by waynemariette
sorry about the urgent part but its the one thing im trying to sort out before making site live

i just thought that such already existed but i do understand but i really do like and prefer the flexicontent category view since it has the auto read more feature whereas the original joomla cat view shows the articles in full.
I was seeking for an easy was for anyone using the site to be able to post articles or the other administrators

More
7 years 10 months ago #62402 by micker
for me isn't not a good solution because :
- we lost all override option
- we lost optimisation
=> user can take a little time to change link type it realy better to use All feature of FLEXIcontent

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
7 years 10 months ago #62424 by waynemariette
Hi, but since my site is new, can i not still use flexicontent category view?
My only problem is that, when i do so, it seems to break the site and gives me the same issue mentioned above.
It adds the category id number into the url making the selected content display at the bottom of on the home page, if i use a different developer's module

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline