Categories and subcategories incorrect on save

More
7 years 10 months ago #62520 by gardenho
Attached is a screenshot showing the issue from admin item list view.

It seems when we open an item to make changes and save, the subcategories originally assigned are lost and it reverts to the main category only. I do not know how long it has been happening, the store owner just notified me yesterday that some items were not coming up in subcategory searches in the front end but when I tested they were coming up in main category searches. Then I noticed the items without subcategories in the item list admin page and realized it was only to pages that have been opened and resaved. I tried it myself today with items that displayed correct category and subcategory in admin and after I open it and save only the main category is assigned.

I have no explanation for the items that show subcategory in bold first with main under them on how assigned this way, I could not duplicate that at all. I noted from the dates of creation that many of those were items first added before the store was live.

I have opened the items again and selected the subcategory they belong in and save - after this it displays only the subcategory in bold with no main category assigned in admin item list view. But now they come up in the subcategory search.

I am not sure if this problem is a result of a setting I changed or the recent updates to Flexicontent and perhaps it is now default behavior? Most likely it is my fault after changing a setting, but I would appreciate your help to find where to change to make it work the way it did before. I have checked over configuration and I cannot see a setting that would affect this.

Flexicontent version 3.0.14rc2
Joomla version 3.4.8
PHP version 5.6.18
MySQL version 5.5.45-cll-lve
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #62635 by gardenho
Nobody can point me in the right direction to find the root if this problem?

Secondary categories do not list in the field under assignments tab at all. When I try to make an entry there all it gives for message is 'no matching entries' yet under Featured Categories field directly under it they all show correctly and are selectable. ACL permissions are correct for allowing edit, it is as if the system treats them all like main categories.

Categories are set up like the example below:

Products (Top level)
-Arctic Cat
--ATV
--Snowmobile
-Yamaha
--ATV
--Dirt Bike
--Snowmobile

All items are initially created by import using fleximport tool, category and subcategory are imported and that appears to be the only time they show and assign correctly now. The minute we open an item page and save it the category reverts to the main category and the subcategory assigned disappears.

More
7 years 10 months ago #62706 by ggppdk
Hello

i suspect some plugin is zeroing the posted data of the secondary categories fields

you may send me access to review this

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
7 years 9 months ago #63064 by gardenho
It's ok, it is working now and retains subcategories, after I made all second level categories flat (same as top level). It is not the ideal category setup for their purposes but it works better than losing all the subcategories every time a change is made.

There is another thing that keeps happening that never happened before that I think might be related- after importing new items it seems every time you log in the message keeps appearing to 'install items multi-category relations'. I click to install it each time, but every time after importing new items it shows up again. Is this normal behavior?

My apologies for not responding to your reply sooner, they only pay me to work on their site 2-3 days per month.

More
7 years 9 months ago #63066 by ggppdk
Hello

can you test this version:
github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck/tree/3.0.x-stable

click download ZIP

and install via Joomla extension manager in testing COPY of the website

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline