[Unpublish default menu item triggers menu re-creation] Main Menu disappear and replaced by a Flexicontent Menu

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #70727 by guillaume.mda
Hello,

I have an important issue here:
I have created some menus (to be exact 98 menus) to be displayed by one main menu in the frontend (as an alias menu to the others).

Everything was fine, but when I was setting the "Advanced search" menu item type for the main frontend menu, it suddently stops to work with the following error code:
Code:
Save failed with the following error: MenusTableMenu::_getNode(283, ) failed.
and once I went to the FlexiContent backend, there was nothing but a list of checkboxes with one in red about menu. I've clicked on it and after that my main menu disappear (with all menus created inside)!!! :ohmy:

Seems that FLexiContent have replaced it by a Menu called "FLEXIcontent Hidden Menu" with a menu item called "Content" inside...

It's actually a big problem (bug?) because it took me some hours to create this menu, and to think to create it again with the risk it could disappear again disappoint me...

How to fix this?

And is there any possibility to retrieve my main menu? (I've checked inside the data base, but I found no one table about menus...)

Hope to find help.

Cheers.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by guillaume.mda.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #70728 by ggppdk
Hello

FLEXIcontent will not delete menus

the extra menu shown there, is not directly related to the missing menu

try using the "rebuild" button in your menu manager

e.g.
- uninstalling a component that had menus in the past may leave your menu into having "holes"
- drag and drop reordering in large menus are known to cause "race conditions" in updating the menu structure

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by ggppdk.

More
6 years 5 months ago #70730 by guillaume.mda
Thanks for answer.

try using the "rebuild" button in your menu manager

: I have already try, without any change or success...

Actually, I can't say that FlexiCOntent have deleted my menu, it seems rather that it goes back to its initial statement.
I explain: to create my main menu, I have used the default "FlexiContent Hidden Menu" that is created when FlexiContent is installed in Joomla. I have unpublished the default "Content" menu item and add all my alias menu items. And everything was working fine... once I added the Advanced Search menu item and was setting it.
The result: the main Menu itself wasn't really deleted (it still have the same menu type name), but goes back like it was before I begun to change it, with the default "Content" menu item reactivated itself, and all my menu items (alias and others) deleted...

Note: between the time I've created the menu items and when they disappeared, I didn't deleted any contents, modules or plugins.
I did drag and drop some menu items, but the menu was working fine after.
The issue appeared only when I tried to save my new setting of the Advanced Search menu item... :huh:

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #70734 by ggppdk
Hello

I explain: to create my main menu, I have used the default "FlexiContent Hidden Menu" that is created when FlexiContent is installed in Joomla.

I have unpublished the default "Content" menu item and add all my alias menu items.

aaa,

i see now, unpublishing the default "Content" menu item, will trigger recreating the unpublished menu entry
-- recreating the menu and yes all menu items in it get lost !!

yes they were deleted !

i said that "main_menu" or any other menu is not touched , and this is true
- but the menu named "flexihiddenmenu" will be cleared !

this will happen next time session expires / you relogin

i understand that there is no warning that the default menu item should not be unpublished !
and that the above will trigger re-intialization of the menu entry

will need to make a warning of this in menu description

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by ggppdk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: guillaume.mda

More
6 years 5 months ago #70740 by guillaume.mda
Ok, thank you for explanation!

Now I know, and it seems everything is ok : I have created a new Menu (a new one main_menu, and I didn't touch anymore to FlexiContent Hidden Menu with his "Content" item inside :whistle: ) with all alias menu items, even with Advanced Search menu item, and everything seems working fine now...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline