acesef and weblink field

More
11 years 5 months ago #30169 by micker
Hello i have 2 problem
When I install flexicontent plugin
My weblink doesnt work
If we click on first link all other redirected link are same....
The navigation field produce sitecontent name in url... I didnt find how to kill it
Regard

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #30174 by Rooney
Replied by Rooney on topic acesef and weblink field
Hi, I know this might be off-topic and a stupid question but why are you using a 3rd-party SEF component. I stopped using these components with Joomla 1.5 because I found them not useful any more, they all wanted to have money or caused more problems then they are useful. What is your reason?

Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

More
11 years 5 months ago #30175 by micker
Replied by micker on topic acesef and weblink field
url it better .. and it create meta and description automaticly with a black list word ...
actualy with j1.5sef my url is
mysite.com/flexincontent/item/nameitem
with acesef
mysite.com/nameitem it better not ? and i can use this on all category to didn't duplicate content ...
but i understand you post it realy hard to configure it

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 5 months ago #30191 by Rooney

micker wrote: url it better .. and it create meta and description automaticly with a black list word ...
actualy with j1.5sef my url is
mysite.com/flexincontent/item/nameitem
with acesef
mysite.com/nameitem it better not ? and i can use this on all category to didn't duplicate content ...
but i understand you post it realy hard to configure it

Well, duplicated content is really overestimated and using canonical URLs is one way to go: support.google.com/webmasters/bi ... swer=66359

Duplicate content on a site is not grounds for action on that site unless it appears that the intent of the duplicate content is to be deceptive and manipulate search engine results.

So using FlexiContent to show the contents on different places on a page (multi-assigning of articles to categories) like in a directory will very, very likely not effect your Google rating especially not using canonical URLs. A very good explanation can be found here: support.google.com/webmasters/bi ... wer=139066

About the meta tag issue. Automatic creation saves time, but if you do not have a page that publishes 30 new pages everyday it has be done once and there are stand alone components or plugins, so that using a complex component like acesef is in my opinion not justified. Also, of course, for SEF optimisation reasons manual generated customised meta tags are better.

I also cared about "nice" URLs. The Joomla generated URLs do not hurt the Google rating, because Google does not really care about id numbers in the link. What I have done is, that I created a necessary number of redirects using ReDJ so that I am able to send customers "nice" URLs or use this URLs in advertisements or on exhibitions. www.muenstermann.com/glasswool leads for example to www.muenstermann.com/en/industry ... -wool.html .

I believe that the trouble to use and maintain SEF components is not worth the effort. ;)

Rooney

More
11 years 5 months ago #30205 by micker
Replied by micker on topic acesef and weblink field
ok good infos ?
for plugin meta tags did you have a link ? my site have 100item by month ... ;)
regards

More
11 years 5 months ago #30206 by Rooney
Seems that you have a large site... ;) .

You will find many plugins here: extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... /meta-data

I believe that I used this one for a 1.5 page years ago with great success: extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... data/11038

Rooney

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline