CQI - Custom Quick Icons

More
13 years 10 months ago #7950 by OSWorX
Hello,

found this site casually and had to see that you are using my Joomla extension CQI ( www.flexicontent.org/downloads/f ... ccess.html )

And had to read that you had to change something in the database layout.
Could someone of the team here - maybe - come back to me and tell me what you had to change?
Because CQI will be rewritten and will get major enhancements within the nex few weeks.
And I would like to add you changes into this new version - if the make sence.

michael (mic)

btw: 2 things:
1. if I want to read an article I do NOT want to register myself before!
2. fix the registration process for this forum (State is mandatory, but only selectable IF you are from the US - which I am not of course!)

OpenSource Development for Joomla, OpenCart, vTiger @ osworx.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #7951 by OSWorX
Replied by OSWorX on topic CQI - Custom Quick Icons
After beeing registered (had to, otherwise no postings are possible here), I can see that for downloading my extension CQI I MUST purchase a subscription!

Folks - not this way!
CQI IS - and will be - in its current version a FREE extension (free means here downloadable for everybody WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS!).

If the team here does not revert this limitation on CQI, you have to remove it from your download area.

More
13 years 10 months ago #7980 by kenmcd
Replied by kenmcd on topic CQI - Custom Quick Icons
The modified version of CQI Quick Icons available here is called:
Custom Quick Icons for FLEXIaccess

This is because it has been modified to work with FLEXIaccess control of the icon links.
The only reason the download is restricted to subscribers is to prevent user confusion when they install it without having FLEXIaccess installed and then start asking why it does not work.

I have attached the latest version (v2.1.3.1) below for your examination:

[attachment=0:1augfjl6]<!-- ia0 -->com_cqi_customquickicons_flexiaccess_2-1-3-1.zip<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:1augfjl6]

If you would like to add the changes for FLEXIaccess support to your next version that would be fantastic!

If you have additional developer-to-developer questions it would be best to contact Emmanuel directly via forum PM or email.

Regards,

KM
Lowly Moderator

p.s. Emmanuel is quite liberal in granting free subscriber access to contributors. So if your intention is to add full FLEXIcontent/FLEXIaccess support, that is a possibility for you to test integration now and in the future.
Attachments:

More
13 years 10 months ago #7982 by OSWorX
Replied by OSWorX on topic CQI - Custom Quick Icons
Hi Ken,

and many thanks for your reply.

If you want you can remove the extension from your post, I got it.
And yes, I will adopt the original CQI with your changes.

About contacting anyone of the developers: I am really sorry, but I could not find any imprint or/and contact form!
Therefore I had to post here in this forum.

Generally I am really proud that the developers had choosen my extension, but what I cannot understand why they have not contacted me?

We 2 know us now since a few years and you know that everybody can talk to me about anything ....
I will contact Emmanuel for further questions and testing.

Thanks!
michael

More
11 years 4 days ago - 10 years 7 months ago #36206 by aanyad
Replied by aanyad on topic CQI - Custom Quick Icons
CQI (Custom Quick Icons) is the replacement for the standard admin module 'quick icons' for faster access to the most needed/wanted shortcuts.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by aanyad.

More
11 years 4 days ago #36214 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic CQI - Custom Quick Icons
Hello,
we plan to add these to a future release:
v2.0.3 or v2.1

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline