Problem with installation of FLEXIcontent v2.0.2 r1679 r1680

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #36378 by aeherbst
Hello,
I am trying to install FLEXIContent - 2.0.2 - r1679 -- (or -- r1680 --) [for Joomla 2.5] on my web server (Joomla 2.5.9 / PHP 5.3.21) as a super admin. However, I cannot complete the installation process. When I am being asked to "Please create at least one category to start using the application. Click HERE to proceed." and follow the link, I get the error message "You are not authorized to execute create task. ..." (see attachment). According to the configuration panel of FLEXIcontent the user "admin" is allowed to create categories. What am I missing? How can I solve the problem?

Thank you very much for your help!
Andreas
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #36388 by ggppdk
Hello, is it an existing site? a new site?

NOTE uninstall FLEXIcontent deletes FLEXIcontent extended data, but now you have none (1st install), right?

So since you have just installed FLEXIcontent, do this:
1. uninstall FLEXIcontent
2. then go to Joomla article manager
3. Check do you have categories?
create a new one
4. logout-relogin and then re-install FLEXIcontent and retry , and if you still have problem , then you can send me a PM with admin ACCESS to check for a possible bug

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #36401 by aeherbst
Thank you very much for your quick response!

You were right: I tried to set up FLEXIcontent v2.0.2 r1679 on a new website without having a category defined in the Joomla category manager. When I followed your instructions, the installation process was completed successfully.

Thank you very much!
aeherbst

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #36406 by micker
maybe think to post a 5 stars review on jed ... ;)

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #36429 by aeherbst
I will post a review of jed once I am more familiar with FLEXIcontent v2.0.2. :)

More
11 years 1 week ago #36727 by Miken
Good day, I can not install the update to 2.0.2 when trying to show a message: -1 - An error has occurred. Unable to copy the selected file. Joomla 1.5

Flexicontent 3.1.1 & Joomla 3.7.1

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline