Problem with migrating from J1.5 to J2.5

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #36432 by aeherbst
To whom it may concern:
I am trying to migrate the content of a J1.5 website (with FLEXIcontent v1.5.4 r558) to a new J2.5 website (with FLEXIcontent v2.0.2 r1679). For this reason, I installed FLEXImigrate on both websites and successfully exported the content of the J1.5 website. However, when I try to import the FLEXIcontent ZIP archive into the J2.5 website, the import stops at the step "Import categories". Firebug reveals a "500 Internal Server Error". This is possibly related to the fact that FLEXImigrate deletes all (!) previously installed categories of the J2.5 website, before it tries to import the (J1.5) categories from the fleximigrate ZIP file. In a similar situation I was unable to finish the installation of FLEXIcontent J2.5 v2.0.2, because there had to be at least one category defined in the Joomla system
( www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... =viewtopic ). Therefore I would like to know: Did anyone else encounter this problem? How can I solve it?

Andreas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #36434 by ggppdk
Hello,
-- in new installation disable all SEF url options
-- rename .htaccess to _htaccess
retry if not working
-- check you apache server log to see what the server internal error is:

To do this, log into your account cPanel. Once in your cPanel, under Logs, click on "Error Logs"

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #36441 by aeherbst
Thank you very much for your response!

Switching off the SEF url options and renaming the .htaccess file did not resolve the problem. When I checked the error log files, I get the following message as soon as start the import using FLEXImigrate:
[Fri Apr 26 21:58:07 2013] [error] [client xx.xxx.xx.xxx] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function save() on a non-object in /is/htdocs/xp27167199_4OZTGF0N9F7/www/my.website.net/administrator/components/com_fleximigrate/classes/helper.php on line 250, referer: my.website.net/administrator/ind ... eximigrate

Do you have an idea how to resolve the problem?

Sincerely,
Andreas

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #36450 by micker
did you contact netassopro fleximigrate creator ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
11 years 1 week ago #36744 by aeherbst
Hello,

as suggested by micker, I opened a new thread at extensions.netassopro.com to find out why the migration from a J1.5 to a J2.5 website using FLEXImigrate failed: extensions.netassopro.com/forum- ... j15-to-j25

However, I was not able to find out what was causing the problem. In the end, I used a Joomla component called "J2XML" to migrate my data and the J2.5 website is now up and running. Nevertheless, thank you very much for your time and effort to solve the problem!

Sincerely,

aeherbst

More
11 years 1 week ago #36746 by ggppdk
Hello,
thanks for feedback, maybe fleximigrate is calling a function that we removed in latest version ??

we will be testing fleximigrate ourselves too to make sure it is working

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline