Unable to complete installation on existing site

More
10 years 10 months ago #38010 by nycxav
I'm trying to install FLEXIcontent version 2.0.2 r1680 on Joomla 2.5.11.
It works perfectly on a new site. However on an existing site with a few articles and categories everything goes well until I get to this message:

Please open and save Configuration. Then REFRESH and this message will disapear :-) .

When I open the configuration and hit save the popup window remains blank forever and if I force close it I still have the same message.
On a new installation after saving the configuration the window refreshes and the message disappears.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall several times, checked my categories, made sure the had a valid parent and so on, checked that my articles had categories. I still can't get past the message.

Any suggestion?
Thanks.
I don't want to lose the content of my site. How can

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #38011 by ggppdk
Hello,
did you try this ?:
I am continuously asked to resave the Global Configuration

Also after installing FLEXIcontent, try this
- clear cache and relogin

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 10 months ago #38013 by nycxav
Hi,

I did try everything mentioned in the other post.

a) returns error 500 so I tried b) but then I get the global configuration popup to display

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I also checked the database #_extensions is OK and params is of type text.

Unfortunately I cannot change the php version. I may have to migrate my original site to another hosting provider. Bummer.

More
10 years 10 months ago #38018 by ggppdk
Hello
please check the apache error logs via visiting cpanel and looking at the "Error log"

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline