Installation

More
9 years 2 months ago #52313 by Outer_Elk
Installation was created by Outer_Elk
Hi,
I've been trying to install flexicontent on my website, but so far have been unsuccessful. Currently, the error that comes up is:
Warning
Copy failed

JInstaller: :Install: Failed to copy file E:\web\gennethubco\htdocs\joomla\tmp\flexicontent-cck-2.2.1_rc\site\LICENSE.php to E:\web\gennethubco\htdocs\joomla\components\com_flexicontent\LICENSE.php

If it has to do with the server configuration, I have already tried updating php.user.ini file (my server requires changing this instead of php.ini) as well as htaccess file.
I would appreciate any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #52320 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Installation
did you try by folder installation mode ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
9 years 2 months ago #52321 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Installation
Hello

it is seems that there is no write permission in the components folder

if you try to install other -components- (not plugins or modules) do they successfully install ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
9 years 2 months ago #52322 by Outer_Elk
Replied by Outer_Elk on topic Installation
Hi, I tried to install it after I changed permissions, but that did not work. Also, I previously tried to install by directory (if that is the same thing). Is there a way to install each of the components, modules, etc., individually?

More
9 years 2 months ago #52324 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Installation
Hello

did you check that the folder is writtable ?

can you install other components ?

also if you visit Joomla Media manager what is the maximum upload file size ?
(another way to learn this is to check PHP informantion in Joomla System information)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
9 years 2 months ago #52326 by Outer_Elk
Replied by Outer_Elk on topic Installation
Yeah, the folder is writeable.

Also, the maximum upload size is 50M.

Also, I am unsure how to install separate components from the flexicontent folder that you download (if you could tell me how, that would be great). You can, however, paste other folders into the components folder, and it is writeable.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline