Search results only on title problem [SOLVED]

More
13 years 7 months ago #10684 by F0l2saken
That would work, but I intend to have thousands of articles within flexicontent, I can't display them all on one page which I'm guessing that mod would do?

I'm not sure what to do I've tried a few things to no avail, so I guess the only thing to do at this point is to remove that alpha index thing and the search box entirely. The only thing that sucks about that is once an article gets too old there is no way of accessing it ever again.

Weird too ace sef even has a flexicontent plugin but it doesn't fix the issue, is there any way to make a url that lists the items starting with a certain letter? Perhaps that would work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10685 by F0l2saken
This thread was marked solved before it was solved, I've found the way to solve it if you're using acesef or joomsef after 2 weeks of playing around

however i forget what the original code looks like, but if you want flexicontent to work with ace sef and joom sef this is the code you must have in category_alpha_content:

line 27 and 28
Code:
if (in_array($letter, $this->alpha)) : echo "<a class=\"fc_alpha_index\" href=\"".$this->action."&#63;letter=".$letter."\" onclick=\"document.getElementById('alpha_index').value='".($letter ? $letter : 0)."';document.getElementById('adminForm').submit();\">".$letter."";

line 39 and 40
Code:
if (in_array($number, $this->alpha)) : echo "<a class=\"fc_alpha_index\" href=\"".$this->action."&#63;letter=".$number."\" onclick=\"document.getElementById('alpha_index').value='".($number ? $number : 0)."';document.getElementById('adminForm').submit();\">".$number."";

I completely got rid of the code in the first 2 lines for the letters for some reason it's wrote completely different than the way it does numbers, so I copied the numbers code and replaced the letters code with it, and then I added the
Code:
&#63;letter
rather than
Code:
&letter
as when you use a link like computer-gaming-news?letter=e it will work but computer-gaming-news&letter=e will not work

IF anyone is using acesef or joomsef this is the fix

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline