Tags field and sh404sef

More
13 years 1 month ago #15123 by summitdads
I am using FLEXIcontent 1.5.4 now and decided to add tags fields for navigation in my Joomla! articles. This is an excellent feature and it is working fine, in and of itself. However, I have a question about the urls for these tags and sh404sef.

Currently,these tags and sh404sef create urls that look like this:
www.mysite.com/Tags/articlename.html

This is somewhat fine, but I really want it to be this way:
www.mysite.com/WhatIPick/articlename.html

The point being that I do not want the word "Tags" in there; instead, I want it to say whatever I choose.

One way I thought of this is to change the alias of the tags field, which is what sh404sef seems to be picking out, but unfortunately it does not seem to be editable. I cannot change the overall settings for sh404sef because all other urls in my site are exactly the way I want them. All other FLEXIcontent urls are fine, so those do not need attention. Simply put, I just want the tags urls to change. So, my next thought was to find out how tags urls were handled by FLEXIcontent and maybe edit a .php file that just deals with these links, if I needed to do it. I, however, would not know which file is responsible for this action. Maybe a router file in FLEXIcontent inserts /Tags/ and passes this to sh404sef? Hmmmm....

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would really like to hear them.

Thank you!

summitdads

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #15315 by nithinp89
Replied by nithinp89 on topic Tags field and sh404sef
dear,

i think it is better to go with current settings only.

otherwise it is needed to hack joomla core files to display, which is not recommend.
:!:

Regards
Nithin

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #15319 by yopyop001
Replied by yopyop001 on topic Tags field and sh404sef
Hi,

May be you can edit the file
components/com_flexicontent/sef_ext/com_flexicontent.php

and change the line
Code:
$title [] = $sh_LANG[$shLangIso]['_SH404SEF_FLEXICONTENT_TAGS'] . '/'; $title [] = $row->name;

by
Code:
$title [] = 'WhatUPick/'; $title [] = $row->name;

Purge url and see...
You will have to edit this line for each flexicontent update

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.568 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline