display or show Date upload file in the frondEnd

More
12 years 7 months ago #19104 by carlinchisart
Hi all,

I have one question, I can show the date of a file (field file), the date would be the date the file is uploaded, I have to show in the frondend the date on which a file is uploaded to the server, or a date when is added the file to an article.

or I can show the control versions system in the frondend? as a field rather than let me know the changes that had the article.

my reason is: the people that see my article they need to know the changes made in the article, but these changes are usually files that are added to Article (file type field), then I don't know if it can be shown the date on which the file is upload to server next to the name of the file, or display a label "new" next to the file, or another solution.

I think the file upload date because in the file manager is a column with that information

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #19111 by ggppdk
I guess an option can be added for displaying the upload date, i must check this

but a simple way to do it is to add a second field that will hold the date.
This will be of type text or date
Then you display it close/next to the file field.

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 7 months ago #19128 by carlinchisart
But this field, put the date automatically? Or I have to writw the date??

Sorry I dont know all flexicontent

More
12 years 7 months ago #19143 by ggppdk
You will have to enter the date (select the date from a graphical calendar), test it ... to see it in action .. just create a new field of type DATE, and disable multiple values for it

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline