Mini Gallery Field delete phycally on server a picture

More
12 years 6 months ago #19729 by arnaud.blain
Is it possible or how can I do to delete physically on server a picture when we click on delete to hide a picture on the Mini Gallery field.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #19745 by ggppdk
Any image maybe in use by other field/items,
plus you may click remove an image and then choose to re-add,
so this would require coding to makes checks plus then displaying a new option to allow deletion of images that are not in use.

This is not supported now. At some time, we will examine enhancements to the mini-gallery field, but not for the recent future.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 6 months ago #19754 by arnaud.blain
yes I know the functionality but I've got a hundred of users that can add files and my server can grow up rapidly.

Can you give me some ideas (files to modify, php functions to delete it when the user click on the button). I will try to make a hack to modify this.

Thanks

More
12 years 6 months ago #19756 by ggppdk
The frontend filemanager.php controller loads the backend file.

So, you would need to add or use an existing task on the file:
administrator/components/com_flexicontent/controllers/filemanager.php
Probably the existing 'remove' task , which is implemented by function remove() will do the job with minimal modification.

so you would simply need to call this task via a URL in the javascript of the minigallery.
For this you will alter the javascript function
deleteField()
in file minigallery.php
to call this (maybe via jquery)
'index.php?option=com_flexicontent&controller=filemanager&task=remove&cid[]='.(int) $field->id

MAYBE something like the above, note the remove will check if the file can be removed ...

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline