Linking Records

More
12 years 5 months ago #20472 by insightcreative
Hi

I'm trying to use Flexi Content to create a simple CRM for the office.

If I have a category all Agents with Agent 1, Agent 2, Agent 3 as values, how can I have it so that when a new client is added we choose which agent they are assigned to.

I would like the Agents field within the clients record to be updated dynamically when a new agent joins or another leaves.

I have seen information here about SQL queries and related fields. If someone could point me at a step by step guide I'd be grateful.

Cheers

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #20474 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Linking Records
It is not easy to answer questions that are multi-step.

Making questions for single step topics , it is easier to find a forum member to answer you.

Also try experimenting first to see what you can do with the component, ;) , slowly you will be able to do more things.

It is general component which can be utilized for many custom purposes, although to do some customizations, you will not be able to do them without being a developer (you will need to create custom fields and custom templates).

Also trying searching the forum (not for your particular topic) but to get ideas of what you can do.

Best Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 5 months ago #20479 by insightcreative
Replied by insightcreative on topic Linking Records
Hi

Thanks for that. I have done some searches. I found one answer:

www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... c&start=20

This implies that it does the same as I want. The very last post on the previous page is the actual question.

I've also tried looking at the documentation for related field but I can't find anything.

Regards

Andy

More
12 years 5 months ago #20487 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Linking Records
The related fields is meant to provide links to other related items, it has some filtering options to limit the display of items that the user can select.

If you want to link back from the linked items e.g. you have a content type 'artist' and a content type 'songs' and you use related items field to list songs items links inside an item of type 'artist', and then you want each song to have a link to its artist , use instead these fields

www.sitefaitbienfait.fr/en/downl ... ns-joomla/

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline