extra fields in categorie view?

More
14 years 6 months ago #232 by misfit
Hello all, thanx for this great Component but i have one problem with the category-view. I want to get my defined extra fields in the category table or blog view. but it shows only the linked title. cat you help me to realise that?

best regards
marcus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #250 by chessman
Hi Marcus,

to do so you have to modify the category template files. If you want to learn how to do that you can read this content : flexicontent.org/documentation/t ... e-creation

This tutorial is a french one but is easy to understand. If needed some more information we will be pleased to help you.

Have a nice day.

www.christophehagnere.fr <= entièrement réalisé avec FLEXIcontent
www.joomla.fr <= Co-administrateur

More
14 years 5 months ago #520 by vistamedia
Hi Markus,
Welcome on board ;) It's quite easy to do. The logic is the following. Each time you wish to display a field in a template, you have to affect it to a position.
In order to do that, simply edit the field and check the checkbox corresponding to the location where your field should be displayed.
www.flexicontent.org/documentation/faq/i...n-the-item-view.html
The principle of the template is similar to the module positions in the Joomla's core templates.
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 3 months ago #2950 by flinz
Hey all, I got as far as being able to display my custom fields at will in a category view, by changing the template.
How do I enable sorting by custom fields though? I already enable filterable, searchable, advanced searchable, but I get no changes.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3869 by maia

How do I enable sorting by custom fields though?

:?:

I think we need a better, more detailed, explanation.

But anyway, i don't see how changing search and filter options would make any difference to any kind of field sorting ...

Cheers,
Maia

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline