Digg-like voting

More
14 years 3 months ago #2469 by Olinad
Digg-like voting was created by Olinad
Could there be an option or a field that overlays the main voting one showing the full quantity of votes (not divided by the number of people voting to have an average) and allowing guests to add a vote, while users could select the usual range 1 - 5 stars? The voting feature would be kinda similar to the Digg one, with the only difference that users would have more voting power than guests.

If this doesn't make it to FLEXIcontent, can anyone help me achieve something similar? A way to call the number of votes (not divided by the number of people voting to have an average) in ANY module would also be useful. I'd really like inserting this feature in my website, and I tried editing the component myself, but I'm not that good XD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2500 by iLLeT
Replied by iLLeT on topic Digg-like voting
Check out bumpit joomla1.5.youjoomla.info/youbump ... &Itemid=76 it's a plugin, and not sure if it would work. There is also a module for it, but that cost more as well.

Why join the Navy? when you can be a pirate.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2540 by Olinad
Replied by Olinad on topic Digg-like voting
I know it, but I don't really like it and I'd prefer using a component I already have on my website instead of installing another one...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline