Minigallery use in v2.0 RC9 for J2.5

More
11 years 5 months ago #30889 by grantiago
I downloaded the minigallery from the svn at code dot google. I installed it. It is working (nicely) in a field on the items template. I can upload and view images. The issue is I have no control over the images other than thumbnail size. I see in this post www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... =viewtopic that the minigallery has a single large image with a gallery of small thumbs below it. How can I configure minigallery like this?

There are no settings available for minigallery in the joomla plugin manager. If I open the language file: en-GB.plg.... There are options for: slideshow direction, effect, etc. My minigallery joomla 2.5 plugin has no options. It looks like a 1.5 plugin installed in a 2.5 install with the right settings column blank. See the attachment. Is this Correct?

Thank you for all your hard work on flexicontent.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #30891 by ggppdk
Yes that is correct , we rarely place option in the plugin, since these are a kind of "global" , thus effecting all you minigallery fields, and we do not want this.

So all options are in field configuration

About having a lot more options use the image/image gallery field !!!

It has powerful selection and management,

currently it has multibox and fancybox and a couple of other gallery display options

and in near future it will have more gallery -- display -- , adding these is considerably less work that the work we made for creating the selection & management of the images ...

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 5 months ago #30901 by grantiago
Thanks. In regards to my first question: Yes, I have the minigallery configured in an image/gallery field. I have tried a variety of settings. I would like on large photo and gallery of thumbs below as in the other post. I can't seem to find the settings for this. My page has all the photos in the med. thumb stacked on the left column.

Oops I linked the wrong post in my first post. The gallery example is here flexicontent.org/forum/index.php ... c&start=10 . Did he make that with two fields? I have attached a screenshot of my gallery and the one from the post above.

Thanks.
Attachments:

More
11 years 5 months ago #30904 by ggppdk

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 5 months ago #30906 by grantiago
Yes gallerific is nice. I figured out Minigallery with the current configuration. The thumbs below style of minigallery is achieved by placing the minigallery in a different field type -- minigallery. Should have been obvious -- is obvious. I wish it could pop out in a lightbox as well.

The gallery I feel is a must-have for Joomla is Sigplus by Levante Hunyadi. hunyadi.info.hu/levente/en/sigplus Unfortunately it doesn't parse inside Flexicontent (I will go try in now in a gallery type field). Perhaps you could invite him to have a look at adding it to the Flexicontent extensions. He responds to most questions immediately and always with a fix -- You have something in common there :D .

What I like about minigallery is the user has the ability to upload in the front end. Thanks for your time.

More
11 years 5 months ago #30908 by ggppdk
OK
we will be adding more gallery alternatives in the near future:

to BOTH:
-- image - image gallery field, and
-- minigallery field too,

currently we don't have other galleries alternatives available,

another option would be to use a text field with a folder name and trigger a joomla gallery plugin in it ...

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline