Content plugins in categories (solution found!!!)

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #3827 by maia
Hi all !

Well, I'm having this problem. I can make joomla plugins work with flexicontent items, but it looks like it doesn't work with categories.

Excuse my ignorance, still learning flexicontent. Great software !

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

This issue has been resolved already. Excuse the redundancy but i'll post the final code you'll need to insert in its respective file. Nevertheless, you should read the whole thing.
Code:
$category =& $this->get('Category'); $dispatcher =& JDispatcher::getInstance(); JPluginHelper::importPlugin('content'); $category->text = $category->description; $results = $dispatcher->trigger('onPrepareContent',array (& $category, & $category->params, 0)); $category->description = $category->text;

Cheers,
Maia
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by maia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3829 by orchid1
what plugins are you using?

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

More
14 years 2 months ago #3831 by maia
I've tried with just a simple plugin like {backbutton} on the page with no avail. Initially I was trying with mosmap and it doesn't work as well.

When I insert the plugins in Flexycontent Items it works flawlessly.

I've enable content plugins inside the "description" field and the field is in the template.

Again ... it's weird. It works with Items but no with Categories.
Attachments:

More
14 years 2 months ago #3834 by maia
I just tried using the {loadposition} plugin and it doesn't work. Tried with "modules anywhere" and javascript is not loaded.

Remember I'm just referring to the articles you insert in the categories. Items seem to work well.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3837 by orchid1
unfortunately FLEXIcontent doesn't support all the plugins that regular joomla supports there is another thread on this Ill try to find it and post it here

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

More
14 years 2 months ago #3853 by maia

orchid1 wrote: unfortunately FLEXIcontent doesn't support all the plugins that regular joomla supports there is another thread on this Ill try to find it and post it here

Thanks. I really appreciate that.

But anyway, do you really think flexicontent doesn't support this plugins ? They work with flexicontent items but not with flexicontent categories. So they ARE supported ... at least, partially.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.592 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline