Adding flag to file field

More
10 years 9 months ago #38376 by Rooney
Hi,
I am using the file field for a download directory. Is it possible to add a language flag to the file name or description. At the moment html tags are not allowed in this form fields.
Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #38377 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Adding flag to file field
Hello,

why you think this is better to be done inside the file field ?

I mean, if you file field is of SINGLE value then this can done by a custom (select) field, or via an radioimage field, right?

So is your file field multi-valued or single-valued ?

PS:
recently the file manager got ability to list items that are using a specific file

and

also please see the PM that i sent you

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 9 months ago #38381 by Rooney
Replied by Rooney on topic Adding flag to file field
Hi, actually using fields inside fields would be nice. This would be the first step building apps :-) . Than I could just use an image field inside the file field...
Anyway for my application it would used be perfect if I could select a language flag out of the languages installed in Joomla.
I have also sent you a PM with some examples (please read the latest update).
Rooney

More
10 years 9 months ago #38383 by ggppdk
Hello,

I realize that such a change will be useful to many sites, so we will do, this is a lot less work than other improvements done to file/filemanager in v2.0.0-v2.0.3 and despite being little work i realize it is important

about fields in fields,

maybe you mean group multi-valued fields together and duplicate them via a single button ?

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
10 years 9 months ago #38385 by Rooney
Replied by Rooney on topic Adding flag to file field

ggppdk wrote: about fields in fields,
maybe you mean group multi-valued fields together and duplicate them via a single button ?

It is kind of a wrong description for what I mean. Zoo from Youtheme combines CCK and templating with of an "App system". Well they call it Apps. Actually, when I think about it, it is the same what FlexiContent calls category and item templates...
Rooney

More
10 years 9 months ago #38388 by ggppdk
So, you mean exportable and installable "Apps"
this is planned for this summer

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline