email field label and default value display

More
10 years 5 months ago #42524 by norm
Hi. I am using default value of a "space" to get field labels to appear without having an actual value. This is with the "The above and also display it instead of empty."

I have also tried  

This works for text and also advanced weblink fields, however, does not work for the email field.

Is there another way of doing this ie getting the label to display when the field has no value?

If not, why would this method above not work for the email field only?

Joomla 3.2 and com_flexicontent_v2.1.2_r1806_J25_J32_beta

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #42531 by ggppdk
Hello

initially this was implemented for text field
and then added to more fields, i see that this is not available for e.g. email field

surely it makes sense to add there too

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 5 months ago #42573 by norm
I am using it in a directory situation to show the availability of the field.

So,yes,it would be very handy!

More
10 years 4 months ago #42958 by ggppdk
Hello

we have made enhancements for various for upcoming version,
-- among them for email field

- download latest email.php and email.xml, and backup replace existing field files
- re-edit and save configuration and test

code.google.com/p/flexicontent/s ... ns%2Femail

click on files and the click to view raw file and then do "Save as" in your browser

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 4 months ago #43032 by norm
Thanks very much for the revisions to the files and the email field default display now works on testing.

There is one slight bug with the new files i.e. when editing in the front end, the email field acts as a required field, even though this is indicated as not required in the field config.

This is when designated as "The above and also display instead of empty" and a space (or other things) is put in the "default value" field.

Backend editing is fine, it only comes up when editing in the front end - logged in as the item owner.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline