New FLEXIcontent field plugin: time

More
13 years 8 months ago #9355 by micker
yes it's realy a great field !!!!
you build your calendar view with a composant ?
Thanks

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9398 by andrew

kenmcd wrote: Mac junk.
Just delete them from each sub-directory, and delete the _MACOSX folder.
Mac users have to do something special to create ZIPs without the junk files.

Sorry I left those in; I don't always remember to clean up a folder before I make a package. A more accurate description than "Mac junk" would be "metadata used to remember display attributes of the contents of a folder", but for the purposes of a joomla extension, they are junk. I can confirm that the package, exactly as I uploaded it, will not have any issues when being installed from the joomla backend (nor will the .DS_Store files be copied to your joomla site folder). Even so, I've updated the package at the link above with a clean version of the plugin.

Re: the more important issues:

bbloom wrote: Why not release it as-is and call it an alpha version?

I will basically do that, just a bit too busy right now. Hopefully over the weekend or the beginning of next week, I'll get around to it. There are two things holding me back: 1st, there's still some stuff that I really should make into parameters, rather than hard-coding them; and 2nd, it will require a bit of explanation/documentation I think, so I'll need to find time to write that up. Overall, though, I must say that I'm pretty happy with the results, so I'm quite eager to make it available to others and get their feedback. It's pretty exciting, because it makes it possible to have an easy to use, intuitive, and very well integrated event management component, without having to have another component. FLEXIcontent is powerful stuff.

micker wrote: yes it's realy a great field !!!!
you build your calendar view with a composant ?

So glad to hear you like it! If I correctly understand your question, the calendar view is a pure flexicontent template, and it is used for a category page. I've created an item type called 'event' and a category called 'calendar' and assigned that category to use the calendar template.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9520 by micker
could you share your template ?
regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
13 years 8 months ago #9671 by andrew

micker wrote: could you share your template ?
regards

Of course, and sorry it took so long. Check it out here: New events calendar template

Putting all the hard-coded stuff in parameters, adding multiple view options, and adding other capabilities to make it more flexible and useful for others in general, wound up taking a long time and creating lots of bugs, but it seems pretty good now. Consider it a beta release.

Hope it's useful to some of you!

More
13 years 8 months ago #9716 by micker
cool thanks

More
11 years 7 months ago #28587 by fabien79
Hi Andrew,

your plugin is exactly what i need, but it looks is not on your server anymore.
Can you send it to me or give us an access to download it ?
or if somebody else got it, can he give me a link please ?

Thank you very much.

www.joomlafact.com
Extensions for Flexicontent

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.680 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline