directory templates

More
14 years 3 months ago #2883 by KingoftheRoad
Replied by KingoftheRoad on topic directory templates
Hi pepperstreet,

You are right. The MVC template override works!

But, may you advise me how to determine the path of override in the template.

As you have indicated the difference in the path...

Any links to reference to that? I'm a bit confused about the logic ...

Thanks.

Hi tmrsk,

Will give you links a bit later...as I'm still working on another part of the site. Once finished, I will post it here..

Thanks.

KingoftheRoad, Seth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2884 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic directory templates

KingoftheRoad wrote: ... may you advise me how to determine the path of override in the template. ... Any links to reference to that? I'm a bit confused about the logic ...

Please take a look here:
Jump to headline: Copying or Creating Layout Files

docs.joomla.org/Understanding_Output_Overrides

developer.joomla.org/tutorials/1 ... oomla.html

Misc tutorial articles related to overrides:
www.theartofjoomla.com/topics/la ... rides.html

More
14 years 2 months ago #3601 by mett
Replied by mett on topic directory templates
Hello KingoftheRoad

can you tell me please how did you get this layout from attached image for "Directory" menu? Which are your settings? I'm asking you because no matter what i tried, i can display only one column (i want to display 3 columns for categories)

More
14 years 2 months ago #3610 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic directory templates

mett wrote: ...how did you get this layout from attached image for "Directory" menu? Which are your settings?... i can display only one column (i want to display 3 columns for categories)

I don´t know the exact reason ;-) but the logic is as follows...
see parameters and output in attachments.

As you can see, you can spread the amount of included subcategories over all available columns. Whats the initial purpose: I don´t know ;-) maybe for a manual justification of different length...
Attachments:

More
14 years 2 months ago #3614 by mett
Replied by mett on topic directory templates
Hurray!

the settings from menu was the problem, i used default option for all three columns: # blocks for col nr1 = 200

Thank you very much!

More
14 years 2 months ago #4167 by KingoftheRoad
Replied by KingoftheRoad on topic directory templates
I want to change the directory layout (com_flexicontent/views/flexicontent/tmpl/default_categories.php) to display the subitems of each subcategory, instead of subsubcategories

Original:
Code:
<ul class="catdets cat<?php echo $sub->id; ?>"> <?php foreach ($sub->subcats as $subcat) :?> <li> [url=<?php echo JRoute::_( FlexicontentHelperRoute::getCategoryRoute($subcat->slug) ); ?>]<?php echo $this->escape($subcat->title); ?>[/url] <?php if ($this->params->get('showassignated')) : ?> <span class="small"><?php echo $subcat->assignedsubitems != null ? '('.$subcat->assignedsubitems.'/'.$subcat->assignedcats.')' : '(0/'.$subcat->assignedcats.')'; ?></span> <?php endif; ?> </li> <?php endforeach; ?> </ul>

My modification:
Code:
<ul class="catdets cat<?php echo $sub->id; ?>"> <?php foreach ($sub->items as $item) :?> <li> [url=<?php echo JRoute::_( FlexicontentHelperRoute::getItemRoute($item->slug, $sub->slug) ); ?>]<?php echo $this->escape($item->title); ?>[/url] </li> <?php endforeach; ?> </ul>

But, No output. ;)

Anybody can help me locate the problem? Many thanks.

Seth

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.970 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline