[solved]FC 1.5.6 (r862)-itemview (blog) values not displayed

More
12 years 7 months ago #19181 by Rehne

ggppdk wrote: Rehne, I see what you mean, no the template blog (in FC 1.5.6 (r862) ) was supposed to work properly,

so must check and fix this, thank for reporting

:D

Hi ggppdk,

the FC 1.5.6beta
is still contain this bug
the item view (item.php) from the blog Template shows nothing

Regards
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #19416 by ggppdk

Rehne wrote: i can even put fields in positions only for the categories layout in the template manager

You are right this is a bug, because of exactly what you say above.

There is no editable ITEM LAYOUT for the blog template, thus we cannot enter fields in positions, thus the fields are not created and as a result they are displayed.

Solutions:
1. Always create CORE fields (their html display) in item view since the effect on performance is really small. (item view of blog template only has core fields, that are enabled via configuration parameters, (Globally) in type edit form and (per item) in item edit form

2. Use your suggestion to create fields (their html display) on demand calling the function echo FlexicontentFields::getFieldDisplay($this->item, 'fieldname');

3. Add an editable item Layout to the blog template, this will have the bonus of that we will be able to also add custom fields to the item view of the template.

But we for item view of blog we have CORE fields being displayed not by positions but configuration parameters, so i will see how it is better to do without breaking compatibility , maybe use

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 7 months ago #19417 by ggppdk
Fixed, core item fields will always be created in items view, also added 2 custom positions to the item layout of blog template, making it editable ...

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 7 months ago #19446 by Rehne

More
12 years 7 months ago #19449 by ggppdk
If you notice anything, feel free to post back. I did not see your reported bug because i read your POST in a hurry and i was not so well educated about item layout of blog template, you clearly stated that problem was in item layout (for item view) of blog template, unlike some other posts in this forum that give no information at all ...

The newly added positions for the item layout of blog template
-- also allows to use custom fields besides core one for the item view
-- plus it warns that some fields are chosen in Type parameters (for types that use blog template to display items), and can be overridden by individual item parameters.

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.579 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline