Joomla 1.7 Flexicontent 2.0 Beta3 r8 :: Category list empty

More
12 years 7 months ago #19536 by HillWoody
Hi all,

just testing the upgrade 1.5 -> 1.7 via jupgrade.

At first sight only one thing seems to go wrong:
content data seem to by copied fine, but without the FC nesting structure within categories.

Jupgrade creates just a 2-level category structure instead:
one each for sections and categories.
Categories are renumbered and section-ids become category-parent-ids - the original FC parent ids are lost. Additionally the new categories get an entry in the assets table.

I wonder if it's good idea to update the parent-ids via SQL script (the original 1.5-tables reside in the same db).
This seems to be complicated, but maybe I could finish the upgrade this way.

Is there already a SQL script like this?

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #19537 by ggppdk
New features of v1.5.6 for J1.5 are probably frozen and bug fixing is mostly done.

But still work is needed v2.0 for J1.6/1.7 so there are things to be done, before finding time to do this (upgrade script from J1.5 to J1.7), even if time to do it is not too big.

Plus i have other projects / obligation that i need to finish to make a living too.

I wish i could do everything in one day, just everybody wants what is needed for him, and this make sense ...

Anyway if you make an upgrade script for J1.5 to J1.6/J1.7, share with the community, i will review, improve and include this upgrade script/process, otherwise this will be done by FLEXIcontent team later, but when i can not say, within month? not sure.

Remember that some people wanted/want an upgrade from Quick FAQ to FLEXIcontent? I wish i had time to do that too, sorry guys you will have to wait for now.

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline