SQL error when changing item language with Falang tabs enabled

More
8 years 10 months ago #54974 by pipedream
Just confirmed this a bug by installing a fresh Joomla 3.4.1 (with default content), FLEXIcontent v3.0.0 Beta6b and latest Falang version.

After this, I installed an additional language and activated the following in FC configuration:
  • Activate Falang support (for items) YES
  • Edit Falang Translations YES
Then, I edited the only default item installed by Joomla.
If I change the item language from ALL to another language (let's call it B with the default language being A) and then back to ALL, there is no problem whatsoever.

But, when the item is set to language ALL, if I fill the item description with some content in both language A and language B and then change the item language to either A or B, two mistakes happen:
  1. The description of the new item language ( A or B ) becomes overriden with the description of language ALL
  2. The legend of the tab of the language ALL becomes empty
The legend becoming empty happens because the language ALL record is not being deleted from Falang database table as it should, which also causes the next error.

So now, if we change the language of the item back from A or B to language ALL, the following SQL is thrown:
Code:
1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND reference_table='content' AND reference_id=1' at line 1 SQL=DELETE FROM joomla_falang_content WHERE language_id= AND reference_table='content' AND reference_id=1
Hope the explanation was clear enough, but please ask should you have any questions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #54979 by ggppdk
Hello

i see that the language id in the SQL query is empty,
but i cannot replicate this

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 10 months ago #54983 by pipedream
I can give you access to this temporary testing environment which was solely created to verify this bug.
Will it work for you?

More
8 years 10 months ago #54985 by ggppdk
Hello

yes send a PM

and give detailed instructions, or a video on how to click to recreate this issue

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline