T3 template pagination does not display properly

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #59753 by norm1973
Hi. Pagination display broken in Flexicontent RC2H. Has correct CSS in RC2E.

Please see image.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by ggppdk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #59754 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic pagination display broken
Hello

can you say what is broken about it ?
- i mean the HTML / CSS has not changed except for adding 2 new lines (2 IF statements were removed), which will have no effect if your template CSS is proper

the newlines would not break it

to see that it is working properly
1. create a menu item pointing to a category with pagination
2. in Joomla template manager assign the Joomla protostar to the new menu item
3. view it in frontend

e.g. look at the bottom of this:
www.flexicontent.org/

you may post a link to the page, to view the HTML
- but please also test with protostar template

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #59764 by norm1973
Yes, Sorry. The site is using a T3 Bootstrap 3 template.

The Flexicontent RC2e page pagination appears as image: RC2e (desired)

The Flexicontent RC2h page pagination appears as image: RC2h

I did load a page with the protostar template and it appears as image: protostar.

Comparing the RC2e and RC2h pages the difference is that on the RC2e page the boostrap.css (file from T3 template) items affecting pagination are having an effect. On the RC2h page they are not having an effect. Css items for example:

.pagination {
border-radius: 4px;
margin: 20px 0;
padding-left: 0;
}
.pagination > li:first-child > a, .pagination > li:first-child > span {
border-bottom-left-radius: 4px;
border-top-left-radius: 4px;
margin-left: 0;
}
etc

However, the bootstrap.css file from the template is in fact loading on both pages. Just not affecting the pagination on the RC2h page.

I have checked for any cache problems etc. The only difference between the two paginations is the loading or not of RC2h.
Attachments:

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #59770 by ggppdk
Hello

can you create a MENU item of type: Joomla category view
- with pagination ON and test with it too ?

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #59771 by ggppdk
Hello

we have some CSS rule that center pagination (need for <J3.0)
- i will remove all of them
- make pagination containers exactly as Joomla

will release v3.0.10 final today

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #59789 by norm1973
Thanks very much.

I did set a page to the Joomla category view and the pagination results are at image: joomla

Loading Flexicontent 3.0.10 to the site did not chanege the pagination CSS differences reported for RC2h.

However, I did notice the html being produced is different:

For Flexicontent RC2e (and in my case producing a correct pagination with the T3 template) the html is:

<!-- BOF pagination -->
<div class="pagination">
<div class="pageslinks">
<ul class="pagination"><li class="disabled"><a>Start</a></li><li class="disabled"><a>Prev</a></li><li class="active"><a>1</a></li><li><a title="2" href="/electrical-suppliers-directory/electrical-services-directory/residential-electrical-contractors?limit=20&amp;start=20">2</a></li><li><a title="3" href="/electrical-suppliers-directory/electrical-services-directory/residential-electrical-contractors?limit=20&amp;start=40">3</a></li><li><a title="4" href="/electrical-suppliers-directory/electrical-services-directory/residential-electrical-contractors?limit=20&amp;start=60">4</a></li><li><a title="5" href="/electrical-suppliers-directory/electrical-services-directory/residential-electrical-contractors?limit=20&amp;start=80">5</a></li><li><a title="6" href="/electrical-suppliers-directory/electrical-services-directory/residential-electrical-contractors?limit=20&amp;start=100">6</a></li><li><a title="7" href="/electrical-suppliers-directory/electrical-services-directory/residential-electrical-contractors?limit=20&amp;start=120">7</a></li><li><a title="Next" href="/electrical-suppliers-directory/electrical-services-directory/residential-electrical-contractors?limit=20&amp;start=20">Next</a></li><li><a title="End" href="/electrical-suppliers-directory/electrical-services-directory/residential-electrical-contractors?limit=20&amp;start=120">End</a></li></ul> </div>

</div><!-- EOF pagination -->

With 3.0.10 and RC2h the html is:
<!-- BOF pagination -->

<div class="pagination">

<ul><li class="pagination-start"><span class="pagenav">Start</span></li><li class="pagination-prev"><span class="pagenav">Prev</span></li><li><span class="pagenav">1</span></li><li><a href="/index/electrical-suppliers-directory/electrical-services-directory/residential-electrical-contractors?start=20" class="pagenav">2</a></li><li><a href="/index/electrical-suppliers-directory/electrical-services-directory/residential-electrical-contractors?start=40" class="pagenav">3</a></li><li><a href="/index/electrical-suppliers-directory/electrical-services-directory/residential-electrical-contractors?start=60" class="pagenav">4</a></li><li><a href="/index/electrical-suppliers-directory/electrical-services-directory/residential-electrical-contractors?start=80" class="pagenav">5</a></li><li><a href="/index/electrical-suppliers-directory/electrical-services-directory/residential-electrical-contractors?start=100" class="pagenav">6</a></li><li><a href="/index/electrical-suppliers-directory/electrical-services-directory/residential-electrical-contractors?start=120" class="pagenav">7</a></li><li class="pagination-next"><a title="Next" href="/index/electrical-suppliers-directory/electrical-services-directory/residential-electrical-contractors?start=20" class="hasTooltip pagenav">Next</a></li><li class="pagination-end"><a title="End" href="/index/electrical-suppliers-directory/electrical-services-directory/residential-electrical-contractors?start=120" class="hasTooltip pagenav">End</a></li></ul>
</div>

<!-- EOF pagination -->

As can be seen there are a few different classes. Yet, both pages are loading exactly the same css files.

I understand I am using T3 and therefore not a default template however if I could be directed to a solution to sort this out that would be great i.e. get the RC2e css result.
Attachments:

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline