Sorting Items in v3.2.0.1 difficult

More
6 years 8 months ago #68727 by ggppdk
Hello

also do not be confused if item belong to multiple categories (and other categories are show in category column)

when you select a specific category
the ordering that you set is the ordering of the item inside the currently "selected" category

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #68728 by ggppdk
Hello

i see a bug

when item belong to multi-categories

the JS code that handles this can give it zero if the other category is its main category

it is a bug, and makes ordering problematic
i will make a fix tomorrow

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
6 years 8 months ago #68729 by ggppdk
Hello

I mean clicking save will give it correct order despite the fact that it show zero
but this is confusing / problematic

as said i will make a fix tomorrow

thanks for report

Regards

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #68730 by Woodzy42

"Filtering behaviour has not changed

1. Filtering by category also adds items that are secondary in the filtered category; / primary category is other than filtered.

This is done according to current view configuration
if in current category options or in menu "category options" listing of secondary items is enabled then it will behave like this"

When I change the status of the secondary categories - filter, button, I toggle all of the secondary categories on or off.
What I am trying to describe is different. When I choose a category in the drop down, I should see items that have that category as their primary. I get those items AND I also get items that have a different primary category but, are also in the filtered category. This may or may not be affecting my ability to sort items in the selected category. ( see image)

2. Some items both new and or existing that are parented by the same category, show up in the filtered results, but are not available for sorting ( with or without a filtered category). This remains unchanged with more than one assigned category to said item.
i am not sure what you mean with the above , e.g. what is "new" what is "existing" ?

A new item, is just that, a newly created item. Existing items were there before upgrading to new FC version.

show up in the filtered results, but are not available for sorting (

??[/quote]
see image

you mean v3.2.0-dev-build2 ?

flexicontent-cck-3.2.0-dev-build1

about initial permissions we fixed an issue with Joomla 3.7.4, does not have the fix[/quote]
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Woodzy42.

More
6 years 8 months ago #68731 by ggppdk

When I choose a category in the drop down, I should see items that have that category as their primary. I get those items AND I also get items that have a different primary category but, are also in the filtered category. T

You should see all items that belong to the filtered category
regardless if the "filtered" (selected) category is item's primary category or not

If an item belongs to 4 categories , then it has 4 ordering numbers
So that when 1 of these 4 categories is shown, the item will appear in its desired place

I retest and make sure that the above works properly

More
6 years 8 months ago #68732 by Woodzy42
My main concern for now is the difficulty in sorting / arranging item order.
Attachments:

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline