Jcomments select field

More
11 years 9 months ago #26882 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Jcomments select field
Also another approach would be what blog template does ...
It has parameters for showing fields.

Instead of adding to a template position with drag and drop, the xml (item/category layout) of the template have parameters for choosing which fields to show ...

So you could duplicate blog template,
and a few more parameters for fields of your choose and then allow template configuration to the frontend form.

This way the frontend user will be able to select what he wants to be show.

REMEMBER to remove template parameters for obligatory fields, e.g item title, since these will always be shown.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #28505 by yaK2manD
Replied by yaK2manD on topic Jcomments select field

ggppdk wrote: I am thinking that some other parameter should not be shown to frontend,

so maybe, selecting individual parameters to show would be more preferable than selecting groups of parameters to show in the frontend (this is a new feature)

e.g. the create pathway automatically is a parameter that should not be shown in the frontend

and yes, the parameter allow/disallow comments, is an important one and we must not allow to select commenting system ... (in 95% of the cases).

Any other parameters you would think should simplified in the frontend?

maybe remove the sliders too? I am thinking of this because we are to release final version, and easy of use in frontend is important.

I come back with my request about comments system.
Just to allow author to choose Yes / No for comments.

More
11 years 7 months ago #28803 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Jcomments select field
This has been added in latest version for frontend content edit form

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline