Category view: scope limited by joomla-core field 'featured

More
11 years 6 months ago #29664 by denniskobus
I would like to be able to adapt the scope of displayed items from a category by de joomla core 'featured' field.

That is currently possible in flexicontent module, but not in the menu-option category view.

of course this one needs to be solved also code.google.com/p/flexicontent/i ... ail?id=476

thank, dennis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #29672 by ggppdk
Exactly this needs fixing/implementing

I suggest using this to have multiple types of featured stuff (in future they will appear as checkboxes to make selection even more user friendly):

How to make multiple Featured Categories

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 6 months ago #29689 by denniskobus
Thanks for the quick response.

Using multiple category suggestion is clear, but a bit complicated. It makes it somewhat messy for the authors/publishers.

The checkboxes you suggest seem to solve that, though i'm not fully understanding how it is gonna end up.

The design for my project contains an advanced search with a checkbox to limit to featured items. Since you are still working on the search moduel maybe you could incorporate that.

thanks, dennis

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline