Setting maximum number of item per author in user group

More
11 years 6 months ago #30386 by brandonking
Hi,

What is maximum categories per item under Author Basic parameters for? Does this mean items can belong to given number of categories?

What I want is I want to set number of item that author can publish and select category for author.

Basically, Author can publish only one item under particular category or publish number of item(s) in given category(ies).

So in the item submission form, they will only see selected categories. Once author try to add item more than number of items set by super user then link to other page(contact admin, error page)

Or Does anyone know a component that I can achieve it with?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #30387 by ggppdk
1. The ACL Create permission controls which categories appear in item submit/edit form for a particular user / user group

2. The number of items a user can create or can create combined to a limitation, e.g. per category etc, this is not settable,

instead you should do this:
-- do not allow your editor to have publish permission thus the article/item will pass approval before being published

possibly you can add a message to your website about it

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline