Frontend Category filtering

More
11 years 5 months ago #31100 by brandonking
Hi,

Right now, values for select field and multiple select field in category view filtering is not a set of values I entered in backend. All values are only from items. Would be nice to show list of values for these kind of fields only from actual set of field's values in backend.
Also, displaying multiple select field in two ways.
Showing with dropdown(couple of lines) or list of values with checkboxes(one or more columns).

please have a look at this url.
joomcar.net/description

It also would be nice to have a certain range filtering for text field. For example, price between 100 - 500, 5 years or newer, less than 60,000 miles.

Best wishes,
Brandon

Edit: I use one single price text field for many type. But users enter price in various way. like 1,000(円 suffix) or 1,250(万円 suffix) (1,000 = 1,000円 or 1,250 = 12,500,000円). so it is better to have an option to set unit selector in backend when filtering price or unit as well(feet, inch, mph, m/s, kilometer).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #31105 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Frontend Category filtering
If you check out other forum posts,
1. ranges for text/date and possibly other fields is on the works,
2. also about select / multiselect and radio, checkbox (and radioimage & checkbox image) there will be displayed optionally as TOGGLE (radio) buttons

You see toggle buttons look (the radio or checkbox will be hidden) is even nicer than displaying them as radio or checkboxes

3. ABOUT multiple selection in drop-down filters (or displaying them as checkbox (TOGGLE) buttons) is a "maybe"

4. about selecting unit, what do you mean? who will make conversion? text field makes no such conversions you mean we could add a setting to text field about it's type, and also add conversions ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 5 months ago #31106 by brandonking
Sorry for that,
I mean showing prefix/suffix for text field in category filtering would be good. Not the conversion. :D

More
11 years 5 months ago #31113 by ggppdk
prefix / suffix that is not part of the field label ??

could field label contain the unit label too?

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 5 months ago #31181 by brandonking
Hello ggppdk,
Sorry for the late reply.

I didn't know that prefix and suffix will be added in entered value. :oops:
I will post question in right forum.

Regards,

Brandon

More
11 years 5 months ago #31187 by ggppdk
no, i did not mean that prefix would be added to value, currently there are prefix and suffix values that are added to the field when it is displayed in Content views, but these are not prepended/appended when the category filter is displayed, maybe we need option to also show these?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.556 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline