Listing articles by TYPE under same Category

More
11 years 5 months ago #31858 by brandonking
Hello,

As far as I know, with FC, I can create articles by TYPE under same category.
But, is there anyway to distinguish and list only same type of articles under same category?

If this function has already included, please explain me how to do it and ignore below. :oops:

My situation is that I have created business directory categories where business owners can register their businesses.
So this TYPE(business directory) has business name, contact, address, etc.

Now I am going to add JOB category which will be same as business directory categories.
But this TYPE(job list) will have different fields from above, like Base Pay, Full-Time or Part-Time, Education, Experience, etc.

Right now, I think :roll: , there is no such option to show different TYPE of articles under same category.
I have checked menu item type (FLEXIContent » Directory and FLEXIContent » Category) but there was only Category setting.

It would be great if you could add parameters to set TYPE in FC menu item(FLEXIContent » Directory and FLEXIContent » Category) only if there are multiple types exist in same category.

Best wishes,
Brandon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #31861 by ggppdk
You mean that if you put different type of items in a category , they are not listed ???

Or you mean you want to display a category with a hidden filter "Content Type" set to a specific value?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 5 months ago #31863 by brandonking

ggppdk said: You mean that if you put different type of items in a category , they are not listed ???

Yes I want to add different type of items in same category but I haven't created and tested any different TYPE of items in same category yet(But I am sure I can create it :D ).
My questions is that according to configurations in backend(FC Directory and Category Menu) I dont't think I can make separate lists from same category.

For example,
1. Business Directory Menu link to Business Directory Type in Business Directory Category -> Result would be Business Directory Items list.
2. Job Menu link to Job Type in Business Directory Category -> Result would be Job Items list.

So I am asking you to add TYPE parameter in FC Directory and Category Menu.

More
11 years 5 months ago #31864 by ggppdk
This is a topic discussed before about adding persistent filter to menu category items (category, author, myitems)

in your case you need the Content Type Filter

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 5 months ago #31865 by brandonking
That's right.
Would that be possible to add Content Type Filter in coming version?
So I don't need to create same category group which contains over 100.

More
11 years 5 months ago #31867 by micker
basic solution
a select field with all you type ! ;)

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline