Item submition form - selectionning type

More
11 years 1 month ago #35110 by bendeb
Hello,

Yesterday, I think about this possibly feature that could be nice to implement.

In the menu item type "Item submition form", we can affect it to a single Type of Flexicontent.
Is it possible to affect it to more than one type, by selectionning those we only want (2 or 3 or 4...) ?

So the user in frontend clic on the menu item link and have a choice of multiple type. He chooses the type he want, and then he goes to the concerned Type form.

At the time being, we have to create a menu item "Item submition form" for each type we want. :?

This feature already exist in backend : when we clic on New Item, a popup open and we can choose the desired Type before go on the item form.
But this fonction doesn't exist in frontend with the "Item submition form" menu item.

Thank you for your answer. :)

Flexicontent 4.1.0b1
Joomla 3.9.18

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #35112 by ggppdk
Currently if you select no type in the menu item, then you will given option to create any type.

1. What you suggest of only allowing to create specific items has already been started in v2.0.1 in a more flexible / approprate way

It is the new ACL privelege of "Create Items" that you see in Content Type edit form,

Thus you select which user groups can create which Content Types !!!!!!!

-- in v2.0.1 this is settable in Content Type Form

-- and in v2.0.2 this will be used when creating items in Frontend/Backend

-- Also v2.0.2 will use the ACCESS Level of Content Types to allow user to see only some of the content types !! (in most sites ALL content types should be public but in some this feature will be very useful)

In short this will be (probably) in v2.0.2

Best Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 1 month ago #35116 by brandonking
I thought about this too and I guess it will be a nice feature.
I have 10 different Types for one Category for some reason.
This case, I have to create 10 different menus for each item form. And of course, these menus are in separate menu group from the main menu group and means that URL's item id is different.
Hope to hear good news from ggppdk.. :D

More
11 years 1 month ago #35117 by brandonking
Hope to see this in 2.0.2 :)

More
11 years 1 month ago #35119 by ggppdk
Actually this is not too much work remaining, most work already done

TODO :
1. The single helper function for creating Content Type Drop down list call ACL to check access

2. The single item save procedure check permission before saving (in case user tampered with the form)

Probably will be there, along with basic J3.x support (v2.0.2 after 2-3 weeks)

(v2.0.1a only a small number of bug fixes) next days

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 1 month ago #35141 by bendeb

ggppdk wrote: Currently if you select no type in the menu item, then you will given option to create any type.

1. What you suggest of only allowing to create specific items has already been started in v2.0.1 in a more flexible / approprate way

It is the new ACL privelege of "Create Items" that you see in Content Type edit form,

Thus you select which user groups can create which Content Types !!!!!!!

-- in v2.0.1 this is settable in Content Type Form

-- and in v2.0.2 this will be used when creating items in Frontend/Backend

-- Also v2.0.2 will use the ACCESS Level of Content Types to allow user to see only some of the content types !! (in most sites ALL content types should be public but in some this feature will be very useful)

In short this will be (probably) in v2.0.2

Best Regards

Thank for your answer.
I didn't see this permissions in Type form. :)
But I tried it and it not working. :?

I try to explain what I do :

I create a user group ("Lambda").
I create a type ("Type1")
In the permissions of Type1, I put Create item on "non authorized" for the Lambda group.
And, in the menu item I choose no specific type to display all types which is allowed to the current user group.

I connect myself in frontend with a "Lambda" user account.
I clic on the menu item to submit an article, and then I see the type selection, but I always see "Type1" in the list rather than no see it (as I put "non authorized" in ACL). :?

Have I forgot anything ?

Flexicontent 4.1.0b1
Joomla 3.9.18

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.635 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline