Flexicontent 2.0 Xmap plugin

More
11 years 1 month ago #35113 by thatch10
Hi all,

I know that you have been busy generating the finished article with the flexicontent component, however I am unable to tell the search engines about where to find all of the content on my sites.

Have you made any progress on the plugin, is it close to release or not to be seen anytime soon.

Thanks for a great product and really do appreciate the hard work on the development side.

Thatch10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #35114 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Flexicontent 2.0 Xmap plugin
You can use XMAP for com_content
since

1. the new FLEXIcontent URL routing will take care of displaying correct pages without page reload
2. The rel canonical tag will inform Seach pages that they are view the same content via 2 links

That is the benefit of using com_content.

Work for supporting XMAP is not too much , the developer of it can easily support FC by replacing a few lines of code with:
Code:
// Create an FC item link and then convert to SEF link JRoute::_( FlexicontentHelperRoute::getItemRoute($id, $catid, $Itemid) ); // Create an FC category link and then convert to SEF link JRoute::_( FlexicontentHelperRoute::getCategoryRoute($catid, $Itemid) );

And adding these includes:
Code:
require_once (JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.DS.'components'.DS.'com_flexicontent'.DS.'defineconstants.php'); require_once(JPATH_SITE.DS.'components'.DS.'com_content'.DS.'helpers'.DS.'route.php'); require_once(JPATH_SITE.DS.'components'.DS.'com_flexicontent'.DS.'helpers'.DS.'route.php');

Please remind me in weekend i might have time and motivation to do it

Here are complete AND EASY instructions for developer of XMAP plugin:
How to generate FLEXcontent SEF URLs in custom code

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 1 month ago #35120 by igcorreia
This is defenetly a must have :D

Tak ein consideration multi lingue while testing thanks.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.519 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline