Multiple Categories Field

More
10 years 11 months ago #37424 by brandonking
Hi,

I guess this is exactly what I was looking for .. :D www.flexicontent.org/forum/index.php?f=20&t=5434&rb_v=viewtopic
If so, this will be TOTALLY GREAT.

It is a kind of filter but this will be far better for navigating articles because we can list one or more category's articles..

Like, I wanted to display only selected models from BMW or some mixed models from even different Brands like, Toyota, Audi.

Some ideas in terms of user view,
1. In single page view(for Wide screen), display 3 categories with its sub categories and all categories should be checkbox, User should be able to tick appropriate category(ies) for Type of eating out, Location and Cuisine.
e.g If London West(Location), North(Location) and French(Cuisine) selected then all related items should be displayed.
We should be able to use Filter module for this result page as well.

2. In multiple page view(for Mobile), If user select Location, then Cuisine will be displayed as next step.

3. If there are 3 section that I want to setup,
e.g 1. Car Brand, 2. Location(City) and 3. Body Type,
These should be order-able in backend.
e.g 1. Location(City), 2. Car Brand and 3. Boty Type.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #37433 by kspoddar
Replied by kspoddar on topic Multiple Categories Field
GGPPDK

What you have suggested is a brilliant idea and would be very user-friendly.

However, I have a slightly different thought. For what you have suggested, it would help an user narrow down to a particular eating out type in a city.

For eg if I am looking for a restaurant which serves French cuisine in a locality East London then your idea would help users. However, if there are no French restaurants in East London, then the user would not be getting any search results. Therefore, it would be best to use a search-filter.

Also, the above method could become very cumbersome for backend publishers as there could be many, many cuisines, locations.

On the other hand, if someone is looking for a French restaurant in East London and doesn't find it there he can click on the cuisine type which is French and get to see all the French restaurants in London. This is useful as a user would be willing to travel to other parts of London.

Cheers!
Kirti

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.559 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline