Item Editing UI feedback on Flexicontent 2.1.0

More
10 years 9 months ago #39015 by rubenreyes
Hello,

I wanted to give some feedback on the Item Edit UI changes I see in the latest version of Flexicontent:

1. I think adding tabs is a great idea, it helps organizing information
2. The tab named "Item Type: Default" perhaps should be renamed "Content"
3. Tabs organization
3.1. I think the tabs "Displaying" and "Template" can remain where they were on the right column
3.2. I think the tabs "Categories/Tabs" can be merged with "General"
3.3. I suggest the tab "Meta/SEO" is renamed "Meta Data & SEO"
4. The styles used for the tabs doesn't follow the rest of the Joomla nor Flexicontent styles. It looks out of place and less professional. Perhaps consider the standard colors and styles you use in the Global configuration (see attached screenshots)

I hope you find this feedback useful. We work a lot in usability and have several clients that use Flexicontent heavily.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #39016 by ggppdk
Hello,
... good suggestions ... we have similar thoughts ... read below ...

rubenreyes wrote: Hello, I wanted to give some feedback on the Item Edit UI changes I see in the latest version of Flexicontent:

1. I think adding tabs is a great idea, it helps organizing information

a face lift is coming for frontend filtering but not just appearance, powerful UI changes too ...

rubenreyes wrote: 2. The tab named "Item Type: Default" perhaps should be renamed "Content"

We have though of changing name for this:
we think "Content: <small>typename</small>"

rubenreyes wrote: 3.1. I think the tabs "Displaying" and "Template" can remain where they were on the right column

Maybe yes, just were thinking of frontend too, to be same/similar

rubenreyes wrote: 3.2. I think the tabs "Categories/Tabs" can be merged with "General"

2 alternatives:
a. either add a configuration parameter for this
b. or always merge these 2 Tabs and move most important properties like, title/alias/Type/State above the tabs (i think this is best choice !! e.g. title/state/type should always be visible !!)

rubenreyes wrote: 3.3. I suggest the tab "Meta/SEO" is renamed "Meta Data & SEO"

Did this to save space

rubenreyes wrote: 4. The styles used for the tabs doesn't follow the rest of the Joomla nor Flexicontent styles. It looks out of place and less professional. Perhaps consider the standard colors and styles you use in the Global configuration (see attached screenshots)

FLEXIcontent tabs use a different script to allow multi-level auto-focus + scroll during form validation, but we could try to apply Joomla styles, but in frontend we want bigger button/tabs/label , because of try to make FLEXIcontent more mobile friendly (while finishing J3.x support too)

thanks for your suggestions, most of them matches our thoughts too

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.456 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline